Solved Kodi 18 Nightly - Crashing and loosing all settings
(2019-06-01, 11:15)mrpg Wrote: If i post a debug log , i will get suggestions on how i fix the crash, not how i save settings, which is the only thing i am after.
What is the point of running nightlies if you don't want to try and fix crashes?
Not sure why you need me to justify my usage of a certain version of kodi? Are you the kodi usage police?

Just came here asking for help, and In the end i got the answer i was looking for, so thanks again fritsch!
(2019-06-01, 22:15)mrpg Wrote: Not sure why you need me to justify my usage of a certain version of kodi? Are you the kodi usage police?

Just came here asking for help, and In the end i got the answer i was looking for, so thanks again fritsch!

Yep, you got help, but the real bug is still NOT fixed ...

Good job helping the developers to fix it for everyone!
[/sarcasm]
(2019-06-01, 22:15)mrpg Wrote: Not sure why you need me to justify my usage of a certain version of kodi? Are you the kodi usage police?

"My car's check engine light is on. How do I turn it off?"
"Well, we can hook up this scanner tool which will tell us what's wrong and how to turn it off."
"No, I just want the light off."
"This scanner tool will turn off the light and it could let us know what the problem is that's causing the light."
"I don't want the scanner tool. I just want the light off. Can I just remove the bulb?"
"Well, yes, but that would require taking apart the dashboard to get access to it. If we use this scanner, it make let us know the problem is something super easy to fix and it takes very little time."
"Nope, I'll just remove the lightbulb."

I guess I'm just amazed that when you have a developer in here asking you for logs and you just have no desire to provide them. You'd rather continue to have your system crash and lose data and then just restore the data afterwards. I've been running kodi (and xbmc before the name change) for almost a decade, and while I've had the occasional crash, I've never had data loss. I'm still working with my same .kodi/ folder that I started out with back then. I would be all over trying to pinpoint any issues that are causing data loss, but if you don't have that desire, then I guess have fun constantly restoring your data...  Eek
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yeah, im the same, my kodi used to be xbmc and its the same install since 2008!

If you look through my threads, i have provided kodi debug logs loads of times!

I have never lost my database data.

I just find it amazing that you get greif for asking a specific question, and the self appointed kodi police come in and explain how you should phrase your questions , and how i should act.

This time i did not want to fix my crash, i wanted to know where the settings i lost was saved, get it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 Nightly - Crashing and loosing all settings0