XEM Scraper
I've been using XEM scraper for quite some time now since The tvdb does not work for me anymore on Helix, but this afternoon I am not sure what's going on . It appears that XEM is no longer working. I have tried over and over to refresh some TV shows but it keeps say "Connection to server timed out". It is not my internet connect because it partially works with The tvdb scraper, except it doesn't add the IMDB ratings or the date of the show. Is anyone else having these issues with XEM?

Here is my log. I can't even see any reference to the XEM scraper. I did go back to The TVDB, but as I mentioned, it is not working properly.

https://pastebin.com/pVrVH4nu

Thanks in advance,

Shedrock
@shedrock

You did not enable debug mode, so can't see what the problem is, but did see this repeated a few times...

xml:
ERROR: SQL: SQL error or missing database
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Well, that's odd because the database is actually there. I took a break from it for a while and I just came back and refreshed the TV series "The Last Kingdom" and it worked now. TVDB still has problems, but XEM started back. I don't know if there is a connection between TVDB and XEM but TVDB API was down for quite some time according to this site I was checking. http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/api.thetvdb.com.html.

I just noticed it back up now and I was able to refresh the series. I am still providing the log file. I had to use some other service than pastebin because it is too large.

http://batman.gyptis.org/zerobin/?476695...RtVGMUNAjw=
XEM still uses the TVDB for its information. It uses v1.0 API for the <episodeguide> URL

TVDB uses v2.0 for the <episodeguide>. So you are scraping the same metadata, but in two different ways.

Just remember that if you scrape a TV Show with one scraper, say XEM, you cannot then add new episodes to the show using another scraper such as TVDB or TheMovieDB for TV Shows.

Maybe that is why you are having issues, you have forgotten which scraper you have used for which show. A quick look in the log shows nothing wrong, unless you can point me to a show or episode that did not scrape.

Also.... will you hurry up and upgrade Wink
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-12-09, 05:34)Karellen Wrote: XEM still uses the TVDB for its information. It uses v1.0 API for the <episodeguide> URL

TVDB uses v2.0 for the <episodeguide>. So you are scraping the same metadata, but in two different ways.

Just remember that if you scrape a TV Show with one scraper, say XEM, you cannot then add new episodes to the show using another scraper such as TVDB or TheMovieDB for TV Shows.

Maybe that is why you are having issues, you have forgotten which scraper you have used for which show. A quick look in the log shows nothing wrong, unless you can point me to a show or episode that did not scrape.

Also.... will you hurry up and upgrade Wink

Once I switch from TVDB to XEM I always refresh the series, and from then on it always updates using XEM. I never forget, but I do know what you're referring to. The issues were without a doubt because of the TVDB API being down. Once it came back online everything worked well. I just uploaded the log, but I figured nothing would show up because it started back working then.

As for upgrading. I have tried every version since Helix and have had nothing but problems. I use a ZOTAC box and have tried LibreELEC with Jarvis etc., but it either freezes up, reboots, and this is with the use of every skin. I eventually gave up because Helix is the only version that just works. I never have any issues with it, in spite of all the memory leaks etc, plus I don't fancy the other skins out there so I just stuck with the modded version of Aeon Nox (Shednox). I may upgrade in the new year though, or at least play around with the nightly versions on a new box. Big Grin

Anyway, thank you very much for the assistance. Much appreciated.

Shedrock
(2018-12-09, 06:23)shedrock Wrote: I never forget, but I do know what you're referring to.
Great. I thought you might but just wanted to make sure. I think we may have even discussed it once before.

(2018-12-09, 06:23)shedrock Wrote: I may upgrade in the new year though,
Around about the time v18 is released.

No problems. I don't know if anyone is even maintaining XEM anymore and the repo shows no updates since June 2017, so it is great that it still works for you.
My Signature
(2018-12-09, 06:36)Karellen Wrote: No problems. I don't know if anyone is even maintaining XEM anymore and the repo shows no updates since June 2017, so it is great that it still works for you. 
I did not know that. Hmm..thanks for the info. That does explain why the new TV shows have no date on them, unless I edit the DB manually.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XEM Scraper0