Consolidating legitimate online content
As a rule of thumb you can say, that each content you are able to watch for free and others have to pay for just by using a specific add-on can be considered suspicious. It should be pretty clear if you are able to watch/stream movies which aren´t released as BluRay yet, can´t be legal. Even if they are already released and you normally have to buy them, it´s not legal to watch/steram them without them being paid.

There are for sure streaming services like Netflix or Amazon Video which are paid services and either are paying for the right to provide the content. On the other hand there are streaming services you pay for which don´t have the right to provide the content. So paying for something doesn´t make everything legal if the service doesn´t have the right to provide the content in the first place. To be sure of that you should check the terms of services of that specific provider yourself.
There are also add-ons which have forum support but aren´t offered via our repo (check: https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27 ). Some of them are in our repo, some not. It´s up to the add-on author if he submits his add-on or not. But if an add-on has forum support it should also be fine to use.

Same counts for Live-TV channels.

(2019-04-07, 22:01)IIDexII Wrote: Can I please know what kind of Add-ons is safe and allowed on Kodi?
To answer this question and if you want to be 100% sure, then I have to say that every add-on which is in our own repo is fine to use. Every other add-on which provides video content for free from another repository should be used with care. We won´t stop you using Kodi in a way you want to use it. But if any of the add-ons you are using is on that list: Banned_Addons (wiki) then be aware that you won´t get any support in here and also be aware that those add-ons can harm your system in different ways.

Kodi, in general, is not meant to be a streamer for free movies and tv-shows. Kodi is meant to be a mediacenter to have your own local media (may it be movies, tv-shows, music, pictures etc) presented by a single piece of software.

Add-ons are able to expand the functionality of Kodi in different ways. Also in illegal ways.
(2019-04-08, 13:47)DaVu Wrote: As a rule of thumb you can say, that each content you are able to watch for free and others have to pay for just by using a specific add-on can be considered suspicious. It should be pretty clear if you are able to watch/stream movies which aren´t released as BluRay yet, can´t be legal. Even if they are already released and you normally have to buy them, it´s not legal to watch/steram them without them being paid.

There are for sure streaming services like Netflix or Amazon Video which are paid services and either are paying for the right to provide the content. On the other hand there are streaming services you pay for which don´t have the right to provide the content. So paying for something doesn´t make everything legal if the service doesn´t have the right to provide the content in the first place. To be sure of that you should check the terms of services of that specific provider yourself.
There are also add-ons which have forum support but aren´t offered via our repo (check: https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27 ). Some of them are in our repo, some not. It´s up to the add-on author if he submits his add-on or not. But if an add-on has forum support it should also be fine to use.

Same counts for Live-TV channels.

(2019-04-07, 22:01)IIDexII Wrote: Can I please know what kind of Add-ons is safe and allowed on Kodi?
To answer this question and if you want to be 100% sure, then I have to say that every add-on which is in our own repo is fine to use. Every other add-on which provides video content for free from another repository should be used with care. We won´t stop you using Kodi in a way you want to use it. But if any of the add-ons you are using is on that list: Banned_Addons (wiki) then be aware that you won´t get any support in here and also be aware that those add-ons can harm your system in different ways.

Kodi, in general, is not meant to be a streamer for free movies and tv-shows. Kodi is meant to be a mediacenter to have your own local media (may it be movies, tv-shows, music, pictures etc) presented by a single piece of software.

Add-ons are able to expand the functionality of Kodi in different ways. Also in illegal ways.
I agree completely, and I bought it just to watch Hbo and Amazon and maybe Tidal.
As my TV don't support this.

But the Kodi program was full of suspicious movie content, and "free TV channels".

Thanks for your help, I will try to delete add-ons that came with and install the likes you mentioned...

Only thing I'm struggling with is to get 5.1 Dolby Digital from HBO.

What is Kodis latest safe build/update version?
I'll be thankful if someone points me to how I can play Amazon, Hbo and Tidal in Kodi...

I've got Hbo, but plan to join Amazon video and Tidal Audio.
The thread for the Tidal add-on is here, and for Amazon here.

Note that in the last few days Google have implemented some restrictions on their Widevine set-up which the Amazon (and several other similar) addon requires to work with the DRM. So you might want to give things a little while to settle down before investing in things to see how all that goes.

Look through those threads to give yourself some idea of the status of each (I don't use either so can't comment directly).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-04-08, 17:36)DarrenHill Wrote: The thread for the Tidal add-on is here, and for Amazon here.

Note that in the last few days Google have implemented some restrictions on their Widevine set-up which the Amazon (and several other similar) addon requires to work with the DRM. So you might want to give things a little while to settle down before investing in things to see how all that goes.

Look through those threads to give yourself some idea of the status of each (I don't use either so can't comment directly).
Thanks [emoji4] helpful, I learn more..
How do I do to get my free Online channels in the TV section...

Norwegian TV NRK tax payed, Fox news and Swedish Svtv tax payed?

I have all the add-ons and on Android, but I want it in the Menu.

Is it favourites??
You can't add custom items directly to the top level home menu on the default skin (Estuary), but you can add them to the favourites sub-menu (right click on the item and add to favourites from the context menu).

If you want them on the top level, you need to chose and install a different skin. There are several available either via the official repo or the skins section here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Sorry I'm noob right click on mouse is back.

Can I find this with the remote control?

MxQ pro+
Try long-press on select, or maybe a menu button if you have one.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Consolidating legitimate online content0