Starting video playback of any type does not show correctly
No matter if it's a stream, youtube or whatever … as soon as video playback begins the sound is still fine, but the video (entire screen) just flashes a single color at a time. Kind've like if the resolution had been switched to 1x1 just for video playback. If I move the mouse, the menu shows up perfectly. It's just the video that is screwed up. This happens with home movies that are on mp4, legally purchased live streams, anything. The "monitor" is a Sony Bravia 46" and the computer is connected to HDMI3. The original (default) resolution under System settings was 1366x768 and I changed it to 1280x720 to see if that helped, but it did not. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I forgot to mention this is v17.6 running on Windows 10 …. if anyone thinks upgrading is the answer, please let me know.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
https://paste.kodi.tv/efogumikum.kodi

A couple updates:
1 - I changed the resolution back to the recommended 1366x768 (No change)
2 - I changed from Fullscreen to Windowed (No change)  So I changed it back
3 - I changed the skin from Confluence to Estuary (No change) So I changed it back

Something else that may be important. When I initially set Kodi up. it was connected to a different monitor. I don't know if that would make a difference or not, but just a thought.
Another update:

I completely uninstalled Kodi, wiped EVERYTHING out. Used the Sony Bravia during the installation. Only installed the nhl.tv addon. And the problem has not gone away! Can anyone please help!?

I also installed vlc-3.0.4-win64.exe and that plays any mp4 I have without any problem at all. So maybe I just have to figure out streaming with vlc and forget Kodi?
So I completely reset Windows 10, removing all user files. Reinstalled Kodi, and now I can't even download a new skin. I click the "Get more" button, and nothing happens. It just goes back to showing the two default skins. So now I have no way of doing anything to further test. PLEASE, someone help! What could be wrong?
Alright. After reinstalling Windows 10, and reinstalling Kodi v17.6. I was able to change the skin. Then I ran just a single mp4 file with no change. Here is the new debug file: https://paste.kodi.tv/cozecifoju.kodi

Will someone please take a look and let me know what might be going on?
Graphics Media Accelerator 3150

You are using a GPU that is 9 years old on a Windows 10 computer which does not support that unit... https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/...ivers.html

Maximum supported Windows version is Windows 7, so you will be hard pressed to find compatible drivers.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Well, I'd accept that explanation except that everything else (including VLC in full screen mode) works perfectly.
New update: I installed a new hard drive and put Windows 7 Pro 64 on it with all of the Foxconn drivers and all Windows updates. The problem is still the same! So no, the problem is definitely NOT because it was running Windows 10. Does ANYONE have ANY ideas?

I also tried it on a different monitor, and the same problem exists. So I'm guessing that there is something about this box that isn't compatible with Kodi. Bummer. VLC runs perfectly and plays everything on it. I don't understand what could be wrong with Kodi.
Quote:Found screen: Generic PnP Monitor on Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0), adapter 0.

Is not supported. Please use kodi 15.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Good. 15.2 works to playback video great! Unfortunately there's no nhl.tv addon for 15.2 but I'll live with going through the web browser if I have to. Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Starting video playback of any type does not show correctly0