Location of scripts
What is the location for a script that detects a external drive in .kodi folder.
and which script does the scrapping for media file ? is it in a .kodi folder ? or where it is ?
(2018-12-10, 10:21)jariwalaprayag Wrote: What is the location for a script that detects a external drive in .kodi folder.
The underlying operating system will take care of that initially.
Also, the .kodi folder is a profile folder. It only has settings in it. It contains no tools for detecting drives.

(2018-12-10, 10:21)jariwalaprayag Wrote: and which script does the scrapping for media file ? is it in a .kodi folder ? or where it is ?
Add-ons that do scraping (not scrapping) of movies, tvshows, music videos or music songs/albums, are placed in the addons folder.
i have attached hard drive with raspberry pi working as an internal drive.I am making 2 changes in kodi. First is, once a user attach any external drive to raspberry pi then raspberry pi should find all the media files in external drive and ask user permission to copy it in internal drive if user will select yes then it will copy all media files in internal drive automatically. and another change is AI recommendation of media files according to user’s behavior. there will be multiple user and system should recommend media according to past behavior of user.How can I do it ?

I thought about merging scripts of usb detection and scraping
(2018-12-15, 07:37)jariwalaprayag Wrote: once a user attach any external drive to raspberry pi then raspberry pi should find all the media files in external drive and ask user permission to copy it in internal drive if user will select yes then it will copy all media files in internal drive automatically
Again, this type of functionality is not embedded in Kodi. You will have to make the underlying OS do that for you. Kodi may detect the attached drive via the OS, but auto-copying files after user permission is not a Kodi core function.

(2018-12-15, 07:37)jariwalaprayag Wrote: there will be multiple user and system should recommend media according to past behavior of user.
Kodi currently supports multiple users only via Profiles, which means 1 user per profile. It also does not have a Google-like brain to recommend media based on previous 'experiences'.
I know Kodi does not have these functionalities but is it possible to insert it in Kodi ? If yes, then how can I do this ?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...IBUTING.md
https://kodi.tv/create-an-addon

Usually this sort of question, if you have to ask then you probably don't have the required knowledge, but there is nothing stopping you learning!
Thread moved to addon development
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Location of scripts0