Solved Library scanning unsuccessful
Hi,

I've been trying to get the automated library update working. However, even the manual update does not work.

I've had previous problems before (Kodi did not have the proper permissions). However, once these were resolved I was able to update the library once. Afterwards, no more library updates are possible.

I have a log file availabe: https://paste.kodi.tv/caqugoqomi

Thanks for any help.
@TraZet

You enabled Debug mode after your scans, so I could not see any problem. Enable debug then RESTART kodi and run your update library.

All I could see is this which probably means your Sources are not set up...
xml:
16:37:37.787 T:1437991680 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
16:37:38.605 T:1437991680 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen  Thanks you for the response.

I have just created a new log file in which I have restarted kodi, see: https://paste.kodi.tv/mavuyaduce

​​​​I have looked into the Sources. However, this seems to be fine. The folder that contains all movies is indeed selected as Source.

What I have also noticed is that if I long press on a movie and select 'Scan to library' it does add that movie to the library. If I select the option 'Update library' from within the directory containing that movie, it does not correctly update the library.
You have your sources set up incorrectly...
xml:
10:42:47.020 T:1546646272 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir /media/external_storage/downloads/
10:42:47.028 T:1546646272 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir '/media/external_storage/downloads-incomplete/' as not in the database
10:42:47.028 T:1546646272 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir /media/external_storage/downloads-incomplete/
10:42:47.047 T:1546646272 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir '/media/external_storage/fotos/' as not in the database
10:42:47.234 T:1546646272 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir /media/external_storage/fotos/
Looks like you set the whole drive as your source which is wrong. Your Source should be the folder that holds the movies.

Can you put this in your advancedsettings.xml file, restart Kodi and try the Update Library...
xml:
<videolibrary>
<usefasthash>false</usefasthash>
</videolibrary>

Let us know if that works.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
You were right! I did indeed set up my sources incorrectly. I had set up the source /media/external_storage/downloads/ but forgot to configure it in such a way that kodi looked for movies in seperate folders.

Thank you very much for your help!

I did not try your tip regarding the fasthash, as this is no longer necessary.

Thanks again!
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library scanning unsuccessful0