Optoma UHD 51A Projector + Nvidia Shield + Kodi 17 - 3D MKV Playback
hello all, I have the setup mentioned in the subject... All my video sources run through a Denon X4300H via HDMI then outputs to the projector. I have never had 3D before but what I understand DLP link glasses should link up with the optoma. So when I playback a 3D MKV through the Nvidia Shield / Kodi...the image displayed is a over/under or side/side image. Is there a simple tutorial to setup the optoma to detect this and sync up the glasses when the video starts to play, settings I need to set? I have my 3D glasses coming in from amazon this week and just wanted to get a little insight before trying it out. I have a Life of pi half-OU and Avengers infinity war half-OU MKV's, and also Solo 3D Bluray ISO to test. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Shield doesn’t support full 3D (ISO or MVC MKV). Your half SBS & OU should render in 3D with Optoma. Do you have .3D.SBS or .3D.TAB in the MKV filenames? In Kodi settings, is ‘Preferred Mode’ selected for 3D? And in UHD51A, have you looked at 3D options? (Not near my projector, so can’t be specific.)

My few SBS and TAB titles do automatically trigger 3D on Optoma. Can check my settings tonight. But, most of my 3D titles are full 3D, and I use Zidoo X9S for that.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Ok I renamed files and kodi did automatically play in proper OU format (which is TAB I assume? not familiar with all the abbreviations yet)
So I tried to look at 3D settings in optoma menu and its greyed out. I then switched the EDID to HDMI 1.4.. now the 3D menu is highlighted but the 3 options within the menu is greyed out. I do not have my 3D glasses yet.. is this why its greyed out? Getting closer.... I think. However I looked at the Zidoo X9S you mentioned, might have to consider getting one.
Yes, TAB = HOU. When the 3D settings are greyed out on UHD51A, believe it means it's picking up the proper 3D signal & rendering accordingly. You mention 3D is rendering well w/your OU/HOU mkv.

If you're considering Zidoo X9S for 3D MVC, then I'd urge you also consider Z9S. Reason being Z9S is rendering 1080p & 4K 23.976 perfectly, while X9S has minor (yet annoying nonetheless) microstutters. See this thread over at AVSForum. But, then again, as you already have Shield TV, you can just continue using it for all non-3D content like I do, and only rely on X9S for 3D. X9S, and especially this clone available on eBay (but, needs MAC address activation by e-mailing Zidoo), are significantly cheaper.
Ok got it working with my glasses I just received today. Once video starts I had to go into 3D settings and switch it on.. then the TAB or SBS image merged together properly for a pretty nice 3D image. One thing I noticed... I have a 2:35 scope screen. I set up projector to be zoomed in because most movies I watch are scope. For the 3D I had to set digital zoom to -5 for the picture to fill screen properly. Ill see what happens when playing a 3D movie that was originally filmed in 1:85 format (I believe Avatar was). Overall happy with the 3D, awesome projector.. my first one. 

I will look into the boxes you mentioned... shield is nice but I would like to be able to play frame packed 3D format as well just to have them all covered. Ebay link... good price! If I do that I will message seller to confirm MAC address activation to be sure they will provide. Thankyou for the assistance and tips!
For the Ourglass (Zidoo X9S clone) box, you just need to e-mail [email protected] with MAC address for activation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Optoma UHD 51A Projector + Nvidia Shield + Kodi 17 - 3D MKV Playback0