Ambibox and Kodi 18 64bit, Problem with mediainfo.dll
I am using Ambibox since years sucessfull. Now i installed Kodi 18 RC2 / 64bit.
For now everything is fine, except my Ambibox-Addon. The addon is downloading mediainfo.dll in 32bit.
This info i get from the logs. So i downloaded manually the 64bit version. The main ERROR is gone, but it seems that Ambibox cannot handle the 64 bit version of mediainfo.dll.

The Software/Addon seems not to be supported. Forums entries are no longer commented.
Has someone a hint how i can solve this problem? I have a workaround, but it would be nice if Kodi itself can switch the Ambilight on/off.
Dear HansDampf,
Do you have found a solution for your problem?
I am also using the ambibox plugin and since Kodi 18 64bit I have problems with jerky video if I´m using ambibox and the option "Adjust display refresh rate to match video".
Ambibox plugin version is 1.0.9.0 while the original repository only have the version 1.0.4.0
What is your workaround to still use ambibox with Kodi?

Many thanks in advance.
(2019-04-05, 16:47)Foradh Wrote: Dear HansDampf,
Do you have found a solution for your problem?
I am also using the ambibox plugin and since Kodi 18 64bit I have problems with jerky video if I´m using ambibox and the option "Adjust display refresh rate to match video".
Ambibox plugin version is 1.0.9.0 while the original repository only have the version 1.0.4.0
What is your workaround to still use ambibox with Kodi?

Many thanks in advance.

Hey, i dont use the Kodi plugin anymore.
I use Ambibox with setting "Bildschirmaufzeichnung" to display the whole desktop.
Works fine. For my Harmony i create a shortcut to en-/disable Ambibox.
Thats it. Of course is have now to remember to manually en-/disable the lights.
Many thanks for your quick answer. The problem is than, that you need also a shortcut to switch between the different profils (caused by the different aspect ratios) othwerwise the upper lights are black.
(2019-04-10, 11:59)Foradh Wrote: Many thanks for your quick answer. The problem is than, that you need also a shortcut to switch between the different profils (caused by the different aspect ratios) othwerwise the upper lights are black.

No, i have an offset at the top.
So Ambibox can grab the picture below the black bar.
hi guys 
i have recently set up ambibox with a lightpack all working but i have a random line off distortion middle of screen while watching video files do you have or had similar problem and found a solution
many thanks in advance
I managed to make ambibox plugin work with Kodi 17 Krypton 64bits and mediainfo.dll. The solution should be the same for Kodi 18.

See this post :
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2927091

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ambibox and Kodi 18 64bit, Problem with mediainfo.dll0