Newbee looking for some help
First, i want to apologise for asking this questions. I know the answers are somewhere in the help posts, which i studied. But I got too confused by the many options and possibilities.

So, here is what i want to do:
  • I have about 500 movies on a NAS. All 1080p. No special HD Audio (only TV speakters, no audioreceivers).
  • I only want to have a nice, beautiful skin with alot of information (cast, description, ... in german - gathered automatically from imdb or the like) . Nothing more (no youtube, netflix, ...)

Which hardware box (incl. remote control) do i best use? Since i need to run about 10 of them, one box should not exceed € 100,- by much.
Which build/skin would be the best for this situation?

I really appreciate your help on this.
Waldfels
Cheapest = A95X Pro because that also includes a nice USB dongle Wireless remote.
Run either LibreELEC Krypton or CoreELEC Leia on it from either a class10 UHS-1 Samsung EVO microSDHC or a USB3 stick.
2.4GHz WiFi will be weak on such a device, Ethernet will be more reliable.

LibreELEC or CoreELEC Kodi will give you auto refresh switching for smooth video playback and pretty much handle anything you throw at it.

The standard Kodi Estuary Skin will give you all you need.

Is WiFi or Ethernet needed ?

Don't care about 24p or LibreELEC Kodi or CoreELEC Leia then look at the:
(both have AC WiFi)

- Xiaomi Mi Box S (WiFi only)
- Mecool M8S Pro L - the one with the black remote (much faster vs the other ones above)

3rd option = the FireTV Stick 4K - better WiFi than all of then and a fast, snappy device with the best Wireless remote of any media player.
The Stick will have the best ongoing Firmware support as well vs any other cheap Android device.

WiFi or Ethernet is both possible. Usually i use Ethernet because of fewer connection issues.

Thank you for the information.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbee looking for some help0