connection timeout to nas server, but ping nas works
Ah ok, I understood to set the libreelec as os master but that was obviously wrong.

I have the option on my nas to set is as local master browser. That sounds good then.
It also explains why the nas was the master browser at restart but then lost the position somehow....
I just can't get it to work. Even turn the libreelec smb server off doesn't make a difference.
It's too complicated and turns out to be a real mess.
(2018-12-17, 02:12)_novalis Wrote: I just can't get it to work. Even turn the libreelec smb server off doesn't make a difference.

It may not be LibreELEC causing the issue, it could be any device running Samba (if Linux/Unix) or SMB (Windows). Or your DNS server.

(2018-12-17, 02:12)_novalis Wrote: It's too complicated and turns out to be a real mess.

Yep. Unfortunately, that is Samba/SMB in a nutshell... Sad

Stick to IP addresses.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Everything else is working without trouble so I guess Libreelec is the one I am dealing with here.

Please could you once again tell me how to set it up.
Should I have Libreelec as the master browser or the nas?
At the moment the nas is the master browser, for nbstat -a nas I get 
☺☻__MSBROWSE__☻<01>  GRUPPE      Registriert

How do you explain that if I reboot the nas kodi would find the shares, for a while as I said.
After a few minutes more or less everything's gone.
Also if I reboot libreelec everythings gone.

At the moment I have libreelec smb off
kodi settings for smb protocol are min and  max smb3
nas settings for smb are also min and  max smb3
There is one other windows 10 running at the moment
router/dns server is fritzbox
nas has a virtual switch on 2nd ethernet port for VMs

Thanks again.
Hard to say, as Samba is a flaky system at the best of times.

Check the system log on the LibreELEC client, journalctl -a|pastebinit, maybe there's a clue there.

I have already suggested you should use IP addresses, that will work more-or-less reliably.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Ok then, thanks for your help.
I think I will just switch from libreelec to something that actually works.
(2018-12-17, 14:13)_novalis Wrote: Ok then, thanks for your help.
I think I will just switch from libreelec to something that actually works.

OK.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
connection timeout to nas server, but ping nas works0