Kodi music player forces screen-on on interaction
I have a new Pi with Kodi set up as a music player. I has my music collection on permanent shuffle (party mode). And my only interaction with it is that I occasionally pause/play (when I want to watch a movie on my blu-ray player, which merges into the same sound system), or when i leave the house for an extended period.

As such, I have no need to keep the screen on. If I really need to check what's playing at any time, I can always use Kore on my tablet.

However, pressing play/pause always turns the screen on. So when i pause the music to head out, I then have to turn the screen back off.

Is there any configuration I can do to stop Kodi from forcing the screen on when the controls are interacted with?
Use the CEC settings found under the peripherals menu here

https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/I...eripherals
Thanks for that.

I've had a look, and it does not provide any interface or option to configure the screen's response to interaction. (Indeed, it has no controls for a remote, only responses to a game controller.) I see from following some of the links that CEC is the underlying technology causing this problem, but nothing about turning it off.

I guess that someone assumed that to interact with a media player, one needs to see the screen. But how do I tell Kodi that I want to operate blind? I know focus is on the play/pause button, so I want my use of the remote to reflect that, and simply play/pause the music. I do not need to see the screen. I certainly don't want to then ahve to waste my time finding the other remote to turn off the screen. Just as I wouldn't need to if I were using some other media player that didn't even have a screen. I don't need visual feedback to tell me what play/pause buttons do. I don't need to make choices on a separate interface when my remote has those buttons.
Quote:But how do I tell Kodi that I want to operate blind?

You don't.  Kodi was not designed to be a headless device.  It's designed for the purpose of using the GUI.
Quote:I've had a look, and it does not provide any interface or option to configure the screen's response to interaction.

You didn't look close enough.  Select peripherals, and then select CEC adapter.

If it's a headless music player you want, Kodi is a complete overkill.  There are much better options for such a purpose on Raspberry Pi.  Volumio, MPD, etc...  Off topic for this forum but a simple google search away.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi music player forces screen-on on interaction0