v18 YouTube Trailers crashing Kodi with EmbyCon
I'm unable to play Trailers when EmbyCon is installed. It crashes after you pick the trailer. They play fine with Emby or Plex installed.

Nothing installed but EmbyCon & Youtube.

Kodi.log
kodi_crashlog-18.0-RC3 Git_20181216-e3bd680be6-20181219-032915.dmp
From your question it appears that Kodi works fine with both Emby and Plex, but has issues with EmbyCon and trailers. In that, you would be better searching for EmbyCon in the Emby forums Add-on:EmbyCon (wiki) this of course could be related to the youtube plug-in if the trailers are streaming from that venue (not locally available), you might need to be properly logged to utilize that add-on Add-on:YouTube (wiki) https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325740
I did talk to the person that does EmbyCon & was asked to post in Kodi forums about the crash. Stumped? *shrug* idk

I've done logged in & not logged into youtube with no difference btw. Youtube works just fine otherwise & other skins that use the "YoutubeVideos" button (like titan) or the extendedinfo plugin works fine too. It's when I use the default "Trailers" button that it crashes.

At least that's how I'm taking it:
"On the Kodi crashing I have no idea, a plugin should not be able to crash Kodi, if it is it is a bug in Kodi and the Kodi team should be notified."
"a plugin should not be able to crash Kodi," sigh, if that were only true. Check the link in my signature for "Caution: add-ons you install", It's possible that the add-on is not using the YouTube add-on or using it incorrectly. This is the windows o/s forum and concern is this platform in-conjunction with Kodi, perhaps a missive in the 'Youtube' forum or as suggestion the 'Emby' forum might bring a clue (It would be useful to attach a debug log with your post, should any of the coders want to dig a little deeper). Trailers on my set-up work fine, but then I'm not using any third party overlays. I would rule out Kodi as the source of your issue based on your first post, but wouldn't disagree that some code is running afoul in that set-up.
EmbyCon is on the official repository so.... what am I supposed to be checking in your "Caution: add-ons you install" suggestion? And what "third party overlays" are you referring to? Fresh install, with nothing but EmbyCon installed & then it asks to install Youtube when you try to play a trailer. Nothing else installed.

Yeah I didn't know where to post this, figured I'd start with the General Support. Every time I've had to do something like this in the past tho, I've given up. Again... I came from the Emby forums you said to try. Youtube addon's threads are a mess from what I've seen. *shrug* Also the YouTube plugin works fine in every other way except when I use the "Trailers" button. 

There is a debug log in the first post. Along with the dmp file.
Hello @riffy

I have removed your other duplicated thread in the Add-ons forum and have moved this thread there. No need to have duplicated threads around.

It would have been better if you posted in the original YouTube thread, instead of creating a new thread. The reason is that the add-on developers support their own add-ons (who are not all Team Members) and don't want to (nor will they) go scouring the entire forum looking for posts. So they will probably not see your thread as they concentrate on their own main add-on thread. This is why we always ask that you post in the add-on thread not create a new thread.

(2018-12-20, 01:20)riffy Wrote: Every time I've had to do something like this in the past tho, I've given up
Maybe because you posted in the wrong area. And not all problems can be solved by us. There are just too many variables for us to consider, and we provide general and common assistance.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-12-20, 02:04)Karellen Wrote: Hello @riffy

I have removed your other duplicated thread in the Add-ons forum and have moved this thread there. No need to have duplicated threads around.
Thank you for moving this. I was vaguely directed to post from Emby's Forums/DMs to general Kodi so I did. I didn't post in the YouTube thread because that seems to work fine & it seems more of a problem with EmbyCon &/or Kodi to me. IDK...
Yep, I don't know either, sorry. But you have to start somewhere, so why not YouTube, then work your forward from there once you get an answer.

I also modified your thread title in the hopes of getting the attention of the youtube addon developers.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-12-20, 02:24)Karellen Wrote: Yep, I don't know either, sorry. But you have to start somewhere, so why not YouTube, then work your forward from there once you get an answer.

I also modified your thread title in the hopes of getting the attention of the youtube addon developers.
 LOL I just made a small post there linking to here. :-)
Noticed the trailers work from the context menu -> trailers. At least a work around. Undecided
I wonder if this problem reported by @scott967 is related to your problem... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2801432
My Signature
(2018-12-20, 05:14)Karellen Wrote: I wonder if this problem reported by @scott967 is related to your problem... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2801432
 All the skins that don't work are based on Estuary & it's that default button that crashes. Might be related. Thanks!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Trailers crashing Kodi with EmbyCon0