Large Album Art (Android)
I have been using Kodi (XBMC) since I modded the original xbox. In the past I have been able to get my answers through searching the forums or the web. However, I'm very frustrated in attempting to do a simple edit of the Estuary Musicvisulation.xml file on Android platforms. The mod straight forward in Windows by going to the proper directory to edit Musicvisulation.xml. For the life of me I cannot find Musicvisulation.xml on the Android platforms (FireTV & Shield) using file explorer, remote share, adblink, putty, etc. to edit the file XML file.  What am I missing?  Below is a screenshot of my Windows 10 based KODI now playing mod.  Any direction would be appreciated. 
In the built in Kodi File Manager to add special://skin as a source then use File Manager to copy xml file from a share on the Windows pc ( you’ll need to add this too).
Where is special://skin located in the Android file structure "Android\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\addons"?    Once I determine the location, by using filezilla can I copy the edited Musicvisulation.xml created in Windows to special://skin wherever that's located.  Using filezilla I copied the the directory org.xbmc.kodi  from my FireTV to my Windows PC and searched for the Musicvisulation.xml which apparently does not exist in the Android platform, suggesting they are 2 completely different architectures or not compatible.  I was under the impression that all Kodi xml files worked across all platforms windows/android/ios/linux.  I searched for a tutorial on making mods across platforms but couldn't find anything.  I have 2-firesticks, 2-firetvs, 2-Raspberry Pis, 2-appletvs (which I don't use),  4 windows machines, so i would like to adapt the mod from windows to Android and Libreelec.

Thanks for any help.
BTW, old timer that still has 3 modded original xbox shuffling music videos on my internal private CATV distribution in my house.
I was able to figure it out for Windows 10 and Android.  After i Edited the MusicVisualisation.xml file I simply copied the directory skin.esturay from my PC to the addon_data directory in Android.  However that does not work in with libreelec.  Any suggestions?
that's the wrong folder:

cp -R /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/ /storage/.kodi/addons/

after that

systemctl restart kodi

and LibreELEC will use the Estuary skin under /storage/.kodi/addons. The addon-data folder is only for the settings for a specific addon.
DaVu

Thanks Man
Worked
Much appreciated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Large Album Art (Android)0