Getting addons to update in Kodi from my own repo.
Hi,
   I'm trying to create a repo for the ScopeNox skin. The guide seems a bit outdated. I've managed to get the initial repo working and it lists the skin versions to install. This all works fine. But I'm stuck at how to push an update. I've updated the addons.xml and the md5 files and pushed them to the repo but no update appears. What do I need to do to have Kodi see there is an update?

Any info would be great.

Thanks.

Chris.
Are you seeing a list of every version of your ScopeNox skin in the repo listing?  If so I don't think you're doing versioning the way Kodi is expecting it.  It might be helpful to see your addons.xml file from the repo as well as the addon.xml file from the actual repo and the directory structure of the repo.  Here's the addon.xml for my actual repo for instance:
xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="repository.skins.pkscout" name="pkscout's Skin Modifications" version="1.1.1" provider-name="pkscout">
    <requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.addon" version="13.0.0"/>
    </requires>
    <extension point="xbmc.addon.repository" name="Skin modifications by pkscout">
        <info compressed="true">https://raw.github.com/pkscout/repository.skins.pkscout/helix/addons.xml</info>
        <checksum>https://raw.github.com/pkscout/repository.skins.pkscout/helix/addons.xml.md5</checksum>
        <datadir zip="true">https://raw.github.com/pkscout/repository.skins.pkscout/helix/download</datadir>
        <hashes>false</hashes>
    </extension>
    <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
        <summary lang="en">Install skin modifications by pkscout</summary>
        <description lang="en">Download and install skin modifications from pkscout.</description>
        <disclaimer lang="en">These skin mods are only lightly supported.</disclaimer>
        <platform>all</platform>
        <nofanart>true</nofanart>
    </extension>
</addon>

and the xml for the addons.xml file:
xml:
<addons>
<addon id="skin.estuary.leia.pkscout.mod" version="1.1.14" name="Estuary Leia Mod (pkscout)" provider-name="pkscout, phil65, Ichabod Fletchman">
    <requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.14.0"/>
    </requires>
    <extension point="xbmc.gui.skin" debugging="false">
        <res width="1920" height="1440" aspect="4:3" default="false" folder="xml" />
        <res width="1920" height="1280" aspect="3:2" default="false" folder="xml" />
        <res width="1920" height="1200" aspect="16:10" default="false" folder="xml" />
        <res width="2040" height="1080" aspect="17:9" default="false" folder="xml" />
        <res width="1920" height="1080" aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="xml" />
        <res width="2560" height="1080" aspect="21:9" default="false" folder="xml" />
        <res width="2338" height="1080" aspect="19.5:9" default="false" folder="xml" />
        <res width="2160" height="1080" aspect="18:9" default="false" folder="xml" />
    </extension>
        <news>
v.1.1.14
- better support for 4 digit channel numbers in PVR dialog seek window
- fixes from Estuary 2.0.16 in Kodi 18RC3
        </news>
        <summary lang="en_GB">pkscout's mod to the Estuary skin by phil65.</summary>
        <description lang="en_GB">Various mods to Estuary, including Artist Slideshow support and ability to customize home screen and home screen widgets.</description>
        <disclaimer lang="en_GB">This mod is only lightly supported.</disclaimer>
        <platform>all</platform>
        <license>CC BY-SA 4.0, GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2.0</license>
        <forum></forum>
        <source></source>
        <assets>
            <icon>resources/icon.png</icon>
            <fanart>resources/icon.jpg</fanart>
            <screenshot>resources/screenshot-20170506-01.jpg</screenshot>
            <screenshot>resources/screenshot-20170506-02.jpg</screenshot>
            <screenshot>resources/screenshot-20170506-03.jpg</screenshot>
            <screenshot>resources/screenshot-20170506-04.jpg</screenshot>
            <screenshot>resources/screenshot-20170506-05.jpg</screenshot>
        </assets>
    </extension>
</addon>
</addons>

When I update the skin I bump the version number in addons.xml, update the news section, create a new MD5 hash, and then upload a zip with the correct naming convention (which is skinid-versionsnumber.zip).  With that when I go to a Kodi instance with the repo installed and force an update, the skin update downloads with no problem.  And if you have auto update enabled for addons, then Kodi will check periodically and update as needed.
Cheers pkscout.

My repo addon.xml file :
xml:

<addon id="repo.funkd" name="Funkd's Repository" version="1.0.1" provider-name="Funkd">
    <extension point="xbmc.addon.repository" name="Funkd's Repository">
        <info compressed="false">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Funkd/repo.funkd/master/addons.xml</info>
        <checksum>https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Funkd/repo.funkd/master/addons.xml.md5</checksum>
        <datadir zip="true">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Funkd/repo.funkd/master/releases</datadir>
    </extension>
        <summary>Funkd's Repository</summary>
        <description>Repo for ScopeNox skin and other tools.</description>
        <assets>
            <icon>icon.png</icon>
            <fanart>fanart.jpg</fanart>
        </assets>
        <platform>all</platform>
    </extension>
</addon>

addons.xml
xml:

<addons>
<addon id="repo.funkd" name="Funkd's Repository" version="1.0.1" provider-name="Funkd">
        <info compressed="false">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Funkd/repo.funkd/master/addons.xml</info>
        <checksum>https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Funkd/repo.funkd/master/addons.xml.md5</checksum>
        <datadir zip="true">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Funkd/repo.funkd/master/releases</datadir>
    </extension>
        <assets>
            <icon>icon.png</icon>
        </assets>
        <platform>all</platform>
    </extension>
</addon>
<addon id="skin.scope.nox" version="1.23" name="Scope Nox - Krypton" provider-name="Funkd" aeonnox-version="6.0.1">
    <requires>
        <import addon="script.grab.fanart" version="0.12.8"/>
        <import addon="script.skinshortcuts" version="0.4.5"/>
        <import addon="service.library.data.provider" version="0.0.7"/>
        <import addon="resource.images.studios.white" version="0.0.1"/>
        <import addon="resource.images.recordlabels.white" version="0.0.1"/>
    </requires>
    <extension point="xbmc.gui.skin" debugging="false" effectslowdown="0.75">
        <res width="1920" height="1080" aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="scopeformat" />
    </extension>
        <summary lang="en">Scope Nox : Mod by Funkd, Aeon Nox formatted to suit Zoomed CIH projector setups.</summary>
        <description lang="en">ScopeNox: Aeon Nox in a format suitable for people using projectors and zooming for CIH. (GUI within 800-820 pixels)</description>
        <platform>all</platform>
        <assets>
            <fanart>resources/fanart.jpg</fanart>
        </assets>
    </extension>
</addon>
<addon id="skin.scope.nox" version="1.25" name="Scope Nox - Leia" provider-name="Funkd" aeonnox-version="6.0.1">
    <requires>
    </requires>
        <res width="1920" height="1080" aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="scopeformat" />
    </extension>
        <summary lang="en">Scope Nox : Mod by Funkd, Aeon Nox formatted to suit Zoomed CIH projector setups.</summary>
        <description lang="en">ScopeNox: Aeon Nox in a format suitable for people using projectors and zooming for CIH. (GUI within 800-820 pixels)</description>
        <platform>all</platform>
        <assets>
        </assets>
    </extension>
</addon>

</addons>

I've just been going off examples. The repo installs fine. Then I pick a version (1.23 initially) and the skin installs. After that, I bumped the version and built new zip release. I added the addon info to addons.xml (1.25 example). I updated the md5 file and committed to github. Kodi doesnt update and when I go to the skin and hit update it doesnt listthe new version. Not sure what I'm missing.
I've just spotted a new line in the md5 file. I removed that and it showed update. Just going to restart from scratch and run through the process again and see if the new line in the file was indeed messing it up.
Nope, no luck. I've removed the new lines. Still no updates.

To begin with I had v1.23 and v1.24 in the addons file with those two zip files in releases.

Installed the repo, works fine. Selected and installed v1.24. No problems there either.

Then I added v1.25 to the releases folder, added v1.25 to addons.xml and generated new md5.

I then committed the zip file, addons.xml and addons.xml.md5 to the github repo.

Back into Kodi and it doesnt show v1.25, update repo doesnt do anything either.

Any ideas?
I'm not exactly a repo expert, but I've never had two versions of the same addon in the addons.xml and haven't ever had an issue getting updates to work.  I don't know if that's the issue, but I think it's worth trying to have only one entry for the skin.  When you update the skin, just change the version number in addons.xml and update anything else you need to for the entry (usually just news and maybe dependencies), generate a new md5 hash, and then upload all that.
Ah that could be it. Will give that a shot, cheers!
No luck, I changed the skin ids, one for Krpton (skine.scope.nox.krypton) and one for Leia (skin.scope.nox.leia). I installed with two entries, one version each for kyrpton and leia. I added the repo, and installed the Leia version. After that I bumped the version from 1.24 in the addons.xml file to 1.25, added the 1.25 zip to the releases folder generated the md5 and committed to the repo. Restated kodi and no sign of update. Going in to the skin, and update just shows 1.24. Out of ideas now!

addon.xml
xml:

<addons>
    </extension>
        <assets>
            <icon>icon.png</icon>
        </assets>
        <platform>all</platform>
    </extension>
</addon>
<addon id="skin.scope.nox.krypton" version="1.23" name="Scope Nox - Krypton" provider-name="Funkd" aeonnox-version="6.0.1">
    <requires>
    </requires>
    </extension>
        <platform>all</platform>
        <assets>
        </assets>
    </extension>
</addon>
<addon id="skin.scope.nox.leia" version="1.24" name="Scope Nox - Leia" provider-name="Funkd" aeonnox-version="6.0.1">
    <requires>
    </requires>
    </extension>
        <platform>all</platform>
        <assets>
        </assets>
    </extension>
</addon>
</addons>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting addons to update in Kodi from my own repo.0