Best hardware for LG Oled 4K TVs ?
Hi 

I own an LG OLED 55B7V tv which is 4k HDR 10. I've read the pinned thread Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Nov. 2018) but I'm looking for suggestions regarding my tv.

I'm looking for a kodi only box (my tv already has netflix/youtube), with support for 4K, HDR, auto switch to the video framerate and resolution.
I thought the vero 4K+ would be the perfect device but I've read this : 
Quote:4K HDR Auto colorspace/bit depth switching not 100% reliable yet for LG OLED's.

I watch everything with headphones on my head, so audio is a bonus. I don't have a particular limit for the money. 

The remote is important to me, it must have enough buttons or the possiblity to replace it with a logitech harmony or a keyboard.

Thanks in advance !
(2018-12-24, 11:54)aixki Wrote: Hi 

I own an LG OLED 55B7V tv which is 4k HDR 10. I've read the pinned thread Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Nov. 2018) but I'm looking for suggestions regarding my tv.

I'm looking for a kodi only box (my tv already has netflix/youtube), with support for 4K, HDR, auto switch to the video framerate and resolution.
I thought the vero 4K+ would be the perfect device but I've read this : 
Quote:4K HDR Auto colorspace/bit depth switching not 100% reliable yet for LG OLED's.

I watch everything with headphones on my head, so audio is a bonus. I don't have a particular limit for the money. 

The remote is important to me, it must have enough buttons or the possiblity to replace it with a logitech harmony or a keyboard.

Thanks in advance !  
 This has since been fixed on Vero 4K +
Make sure your device is up to date. Then just select 'Force 422 colour subsampling’ if using a new LG TV such as C8 under Settings -> Display.

You can use a Harmony remote or keyboard. 

Cheers

Sam
Thanks for your answer. So the topic mentionning this is a little bit outdated.

Any idea about where I can find the vero 4k+ in Europe ? I live in France, and I just can't find it anywhere. 

If I can't find the 4K+, does the shield have any know issue(s) with lg tv ? Such as color space switching for HDR ?
The OSMC website has free international shipping and ships from the UK. The shipping takes 3 working days. There are no customs fees for any international destinations.

There are no French resellers at this time.

No idea about the Shield. I am sure someone else can chime in
(2018-12-26, 09:29)aixki Wrote: If I can't find the 4K+, does the shield have any know issue(s) with lg tv ? Such as color space switching for HDR ?

From the Sticky post:

4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations.

NVIDIA Shield (Oreo OS) (click):
  • This thread needs to be read - comparing Apple TV 4K vs Shield vs Intel - Why is 4K (Shield) image quality bad ? (click)
  • Oreo - Colorspace issues still being reported when used with a variety of 4K HDR displays, see HERE and HERE for details.
  • Android TV Oreo OS - Shield Colorspace testing conducted over HERE (click) by @wesk05
  • HDR to SDR or BT.2020 to BT.709 conversions not supported on the Shield.

And one such link from above is...

Color space issue - Shield Experience 7.0 and LG OLED tv's (click)

So the shield still has issues regarding HDR. As I can order directly from OSMC website, I've just placed an order for the Vero 4K+. I'm looking forward to set it up  Love

Thanks for your help guys.
The Shield now has a beta update that has colorspace switching working perfectly.  And framerate/resolution switching works in Kodi (not all Shield apps though, as they have to implement it specifically).  The new beta features will probably be released to everyone in the next couple of weeks, maybe sooner.  Just thought I'd let you know in case you have any issues with the Vero.
(2018-12-26, 09:45)aixki Wrote: So the shield still has issues regarding HDR. As I can order directly from OSMC website, I've just placed an order for the Vero 4K+. I'm looking forward to set it up  Love

Thanks for your help guys.
 Actually - the Shield TV doesn't have issues with HDR (even without the Beta) - it's SDR that some people have issues with.
Hi guys,

Thanks for your answers. I've received my Vero 4K+ and it's working pretty well. It does  what it's built for, and it does it flawlessly. But I need a second box so I might pull the trigger on the nvidia shield this time, just to compare the two Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best hardware for LG Oled 4K TVs ?0