Separate DialogVideoInfo for Movies and Series
Hi,

I was personalizing the DialogVideoInfo.xml to make the infoscreen a bit more how I like it.
Is it possible to make a separate DialogVideoInfo.xml for series? 
I want the layout of the infoscreen completly different for the movie infoscreen. 

It is possible to put <visible>String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath, Series)</visible> in every <control> but that is not really handy and doesn't help to get 'clean' code.

Maybe anyone knows a solution to make a DialogVideoInfo.xml file and connect them to the category 'movies' and a second file to connect to 'series'? Or maybe there is a better solution.

I appreciate all suggestions. Thanks in advance
(2018-12-24, 14:05)MovieMan123 Wrote: Hi,

I was personalizing the DialogVideoInfo.xml to make the infoscreen a bit more how I like it.
Is it possible to make a separate DialogVideoInfo.xml for series? 
I want the layout of the infoscreen completly different for the movie infoscreen. 

It is possible to put <visible>String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath, Series)</visible> in every <control> but that is not really handy and doesn't help to get 'clean' code.

Maybe anyone knows a solution to make a DialogVideoInfo.xml file and connect them to the category 'movies' and a second file to connect to 'series'? Or maybe there is a better solution.

I appreciate all suggestions. Thanks in advance

You need to work with visible tags

As an example for tv shoes

<visible>String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,tvshow)</visible>

For episodes

<visible>String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,episode)</visible>

You can achieve a cleaner code by workin with includes, so you will not get issues witj double id's.

xml:
Include condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,episode)">doalogvideoinfo_tvshow</include>
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
Thanks, you're my hero. The include suggestion was fantastic. 

I now have an "IncludesSeriesLayout.xml" and an "IncludesMoviesLayout.xml". These are included in "Includes.xml" and are called in the "DialogVideoInfo.xml" like use proposed. 
Now I don't even have to cope with visible-tags anymore. 

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Separate DialogVideoInfo for Movies and Series0