Commercial Skip broken in Kodi 18?
@  I don't.... 

Also @ksooo   I didn't mean for it so sound like criticism, I was thinking the problem was we were too late for kodi18.  Thanks for taking a look at it.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
FYI: I closed out the previous PR and submitted a new one to implement ksooo's requests.
new PR:  https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.wmc/pull/66
The new PR was merged today.  Thanks @ksooo .
Hi, not a very advanced user, but as a long-time NextPVR (GBPVR) user, I am very interested to see if comskip works (at all, as well) in Kodi 18 is it does in NextPVR. I have edl files in the folders with the ts files.
Will the current nightly have this functionality in yet? If not, where would I find the build to test it please?

Does the Kodi timeline show the skip breaks by the way, like NextPVR does?

Cheers

k.
It does not look to be included in 18.0. There is a link on the Kodi site for 18.1 RC but it points to the same Kodi 18.0 install file. I downloaded the latest nightly KodiSetup-20190127-7f93d8b2-master-x64.exe and it does not contain version 2.4.4 of the add-on which contains the fix.

If you go back in this thread you can download the testing version (for Windows) and "install from zip" in Kodi 18. I just did it and the commercial edl skip works. However, I do not see the timeline showing skip breaks. I've never seen NextPVR so i'm not exactly sure what i'd be looking for.

I don't know when the version 2.4.4 of the add-on will be included in the main install.
Thank you very much sbthomas, much appreciated.

The timeline looks like this in NextPVR; neat way to show where you are. https://ibb.co/wcqwCD0
(2019-01-29, 05:39)sbthomas Wrote: It does not look to be included in 18.0. There is a link on the Kodi site for 18.1 RC but it points to the same Kodi 18.0 install file.

Sorry if not everything was added to 18 final, it's probably also because of the recent development freeze.

But you can enter your updates/changes/improvements or 18.1 Smile
(2019-01-29, 05:39)sbthomas Wrote: I just did it and the commercial edl skip works. However, I do not see the timeline showing skip breaks. I've never seen NextPVR so i'm not exactly sure what i'd be looking for.
I just put the set of pvr.wmc files from the dropbox in  %appdata%/kodi/addons/pvr.wmc; ran a show, but absent a timeline I'm not sure how to if skips are actually effected. Is there another way to see this?
@jksmurf First verify the add-on version is at 2.4.4. Then you can edit an edl and put a 5 second skip at the beginning. Kodi does show a commercial notification and the amount of time that was skipped.

@Klojum Do you need anything from the PVR WMC team to add version 2.4.4 of the add-on to the next release of 18? @ksooo merged our pull request to kodi-pvr on 1/24. How does it get added into the nightlies and the next major?

Lastly, does anyone know how the commercial breaks are represented in the timeline? I would have guess that by using the getRecordingEdl it might happen automatically but doesn't look like it. I'll take a look at NextPVR code when i get some time to see if i can find anything.
All final add-on releases need to be properly tagged on github. From that tag they will be build for the platforms that support binary repo.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
2.4.4 update should be available in the addon repository the next hours.
Using the Android version on ShieldTV. Running 
ServerWMC - 1.0.0.63 build 1255
PVR WMC - 2.4.4

I made a simple test edl file that looks like this
20 30 3 (with tabs)
35 40 3
when I start the show it immediately jumps to 30 (showing a commercial skip notification). It then plays for 5 seconds and jumps from 35->40. Not sure why it is skipping the beginning of the show until the end of the first commercial. This happens no matter how far into the show I set that first commercial break. It always jumps to the end of it.

Side question - is there a way to turn off that commercial skip notification?
(2019-01-30, 23:28)kmarq Wrote: Using the Android version on ShieldTV. Running 
ServerWMC - 1.0.0.63 build 1255
PVR WMC - 2.4.4

I made a simple test edl file that looks like this
20 30 3 (with tabs)
35 40 3
when I start the show it immediately jumps to 30 (showing a commercial skip notification). It then plays for 5 seconds and jumps from 35->40. Not sure why it is skipping the beginning of the show until the end of the first commercial. This happens no matter how far into the show I set that first commercial break. It always jumps to the end of it.

Side question - is there a way to turn off that commercial skip notification?
I just tried pvr.wmc 2.4.4 on my Android Samsung Galaxy S8+ with latest Leia nightly, same ServerWMC build as you.  My edl files work properly and don't immediately skip.  How are you creating the test edl file?  Mine are created by Comskip, but I've used Notepad++ in the past to create my own for testing.  Here's an edl you can try:
https://paste.kodi.tv/kuzoxaqugo
I'm just curious if an extra tab or space is getting introduced somehow up front.
Also, I've found no way to turn off the commercial skip notification that comes up without turning off all messages, but I'll poke around.
Mines also from commskip. Originally it was jumping out to 12 minutes based on the edl file. I just modified the initial skip to be earlier to try testing better. Edited in notepad++ as well. I can't get a copy right now. I'll have to try on my windows pc tonight as well.
Hmm just used your edl file and I get the same behavior on Android and Windows. Both immediately jump to 4:44 where your first commercial ends. 

You're on the nightly, I wonder if something is different on the release version. 

Going to try a commskip .txt file next quick

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Commercial Skip broken in Kodi 18?0