nvidia shield vs samsung s9 permanently hooked up to tv
i have a spare s9. was thinking about getting a cheap usb type c hub for hdmi/usb for mouse and keyboard. I'm guessing the snapdragon 845 will out perform the shield.... or am i wrong? only gaming i"m concerned with is classic mario emulation occasionally. mainly want to know thoughts about kodi performance.
Nvidia Shield TV.
If you do not use the Samsung s9 as a phone it is best to sell and buy nvidia.
(2018-12-30, 22:41)xxxjayalexanderxxx Wrote: i have a spare s9. was thinking about getting a cheap usb type c hub for hdmi/usb for mouse and keyboard. I'm guessing the snapdragon 845 will out perform the shield.... or am i wrong? only gaming i"m concerned with is classic mario emulation occasionally. mainly want to know thoughts about kodi performance.
AIUI most dev effort on Android Kodi goes into STBs not phones, and the chipsets used in STBs and Phones differ quite a lot.  Personally I'd sell the phone and buy a STB.
(2018-12-31, 14:17)noggin Wrote:
(2018-12-30, 22:41)xxxjayalexanderxxx Wrote: i have a spare s9. was thinking about getting a cheap usb type c hub for hdmi/usb for mouse and keyboard. I'm guessing the snapdragon 845 will out perform the shield.... or am i wrong? only gaming i"m concerned with is classic mario emulation occasionally. mainly want to know thoughts about kodi performance.
AIUI most dev effort on Android Kodi goes into STBs not phones, and the chipsets used in STBs and Phones differ quite a lot.  Personally I'd sell the phone and buy a STB.

What is STB?
set top box

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nvidia shield vs samsung s9 permanently hooked up to tv0