Kodi 18 RC2 UI Hang
Hello:

So I did cross-post this to the MythTV forum - and received the response that it looks like the MythTV add-on is working as expected. So presumably the problem lies elsewhere... I can't see hordes of other Mac users complaining of the same issue however!

I've since updated to the release version of Kodi 18, and had one hang whilst paused on live TV; I didn't manage to capture a useful log, so I'll update here when I can.

Thanks.
Hello:

So - I've still got this problem going on, and still no clue as to how to resolve it. Please help! 

To recap:

- The Kodi UI hangs every so often - typically every one or two days;
- It often hangs when moving onto the TV main menu item - but before the TV front page is displayed;
- The Kodi log continues updating in the background. All other apps - including MythTV Backend - continue running as expected;
- I'm currently running Kodi 18.1 RC.

A typical debug log is uploaded here (where Kodi hung at 22:50) - https://pastebin.com/LVRiANHs - but I can't see anything useful beyond what I've already posted. I can't find any other reports of similar behaviour, so I presume this is something specific to my system - but I can't work out how to fix it! I have quite an established setup, so nuking my user prefs and starting again is not the preferred option - but is not impossible if that's going to be the solution.

Are there any deeper debug options I can enable, to see what's happening?

Thanks!
Hello:

I think this is now resolved for me - certainly Kodi is hanging much much less then it was.

The key to this was changing the value of Settings > System > Display > Number of buffers used by graphics driver from 3 to 2.

I'll repost if the hangs recur - but I hope this might be of help to someone else in the meantime!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 RC2 UI Hang0