Auto select recording profile based on type?
Is there a way with tvh to have it select a recording profile based on whether it is a tv series, movie, or "other"?

tvh knows which is which already based on my schedule data, but what I'd like to do is have it use the correct recording profile so series and movies can be titled correctly and sorted in to the right directories (and if it can't detect it being either, uses the default profile).

It doesn't work quite right with the scraper-friendly $q/$Q variables - for example, $q/$Q$n.$x will correctly create a folder for movies in my /movie directory then title the file correctly, but that completely screws up TV series. Something simpler like $q$n.$x works for series but doesn't create a sub-folder for movies. And neither does a good job handling content it can't detect as a series or movie - just dumps those in my master folder one level up.

Any suggestions? If there's no way for tvh to auto-select profiles is there a better naming convention I can use that will handle both as well as "other/unknown"?
Did you get anywhere with this?

I'm a bit frustrated with Kodi, in that it insists that TV shows and movies must be separated into distinct directories, and I was thinking that this might be a way around.

Either that or get tvh to use a different recording profile based on type, but I'm not sure that's possible either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto select recording profile based on type?0