I'm running Linux Mint 19.1
Hi all and new to the forum...
I'm running Linux Mint 19.1. I have installed the Kodi (xmbc) from 4, or 5 different places and it all turns out the same. I get to the Install by zip file. It goes to the next screen, shows the name of what I want to install, I click on it and it sits there doing nothing. I don't think I'm missing anything. When I set Kodi up and my Windows 10 it goes right to work and the build is installed. Looking for help please and why it stalls, or won't finish.
Thanks
(2019-01-02, 23:05)Dtester Wrote: When I set Kodi up and my Windows 10 it goes right to work and the build is installed.
Please note that any kind of 'wizards', 'builds' or other add-ons and repositories that provide video/music streams in an illegal manner will receive no support whatsoever on this forum. Our forum rules (wiki) (which of course you have read) are abundantly clear on that matter.

Should this all be NOT the case, then you will need to provide much more information on your problem before we can start 'guestimating'.
There's plenty of info here to help.
1st don't install builds. They all suck and are stupid for many reasons. Learn to install addons for kodi yourself.  At least on Linnux you are less likely to pick up a trojan.
2nd. (I'm assuming you are new to linux mint) Installing stuff in Linux mint is different from windows. In windows one writes to an installer API template from MS which is really a script run as an .exe file. In Linux Mint one CAN bring in .Deb files or ISO's but for ubuntu based OS's really the very best way is to use the appropriate linux tools (=apt) and install from the official Linux kodi PPA.
Here's the official wiki: official kodi wiki for linux

But more to the point for you:
To get the ppa source added to your os:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
Update sources:
sudo apt-get update
install:
sudo apt-get install kodi

Then learn to install stuff in Kodi:
Get the repository (usually a zip such as the official kodi repository)
Install the repository from the zip
install the addon from the repository.

That kind of mirrors the linux mint installation doesn't it??
Cheers
Thanks, so much oldgranola and I'll try to find the addons. You've been very helpful!
Thank you again...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I'm running Linux Mint 19.10