Solved TMDB: Can the user select correct movie / .nfo files
Hi everyone.
I've got two questions on the TMDB scraper. I think they're simple, still I can't figure out what I do wrong.
  •  When the movie name isn't unique I think the user can select the correct one, right? But KODI offers no choice even though GetSearchResults returns several movies (in log file).
  • After scraping the movies I expected .nfo files to be generated. But I can't find them, neither where the movies are stored nor in the KODI appdata directory.
Thanks you.
Hello @programmkino

(2019-01-03, 00:03)programmkino Wrote: When the movie name isn't unique I think the user can select the correct one, right? But KODI offers no choice even though GetSearchResults returns several movies (in log file).
After the initial scrape using the Update Library option, you can then go to the Information page of the movie, then select Refresh. This will give you the choices. See image...

(2019-01-03, 00:03)programmkino Wrote: After scraping the movies I expected .nfo files to be generated. But I can't find them, neither where the movies are stored nor in the KODI appdata directory.
No, Kodi does not automatically create NFO Files. They need to be exported. See the import-export link in My Signature below for instructions and maybe some of the other links may be of use to you also, especially the How To guide for Video Library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Karellen,

Thanks a lot! Exporting the library works nicely.
Sadly, I don't get the Refresh button although I've done the Update Library from the side menu.
I feel a little awkward. Could you help once more?
Sure, no problems.

Great that the Exporting works for you!!

The Refresh button is off the screen, so you have to tab across the row of buttons to see it. If that does not solve the issue, let me know.

Just so you know the difference...
- Update Library adds new items to the library
- Refresh allows you to modify existing items in the library.
More details here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removing_videos
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hello once more.

The refresh button was not there.
I tried re-installing Kodi, also versions other than the current 17.6, without success.
Then I've done many other things and changed various configuration.
Now the refresh button is shown. I don't know what made the difference.
I'm still a little unsure but at least for the moment it's fine for me.

Thanks.
Strange. I have never heard of a missing Refresh button. If it happens again, please post a screenshot of the Info page, here in this thread.

Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDB: Can the user select correct movie / .nfo files0