Req Stylized Netflix addon
I have been using the Netflix add-on from https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix for a while with the latest Kodi beta and it works fairly well. One thing that I would like is a UI that mimics the Netflix UI you get on Smart tvs, consoles, etc. The add-on just used the standard Kodi menu system right now.

Spotimc was a Spotify add-on that had its own interface to it. See screenshots in the first post in this thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=125147. It would be nice to have a custom Netflix UI, similar to how the Spotimc add-on had a custom UI.

I'm not sure if that would even be possible in Leia, or if there have been changes that make this impossible to do now.
I'm not a developer and I'm sure there will be (too?) many bumps in the road , but linking an add-on and triggering its own specific Kodi skin would be a solution. One can always dream.. Smile
Thread moved to add-on requests, although I'd also say it's unlikely.

You may be better making the suggestion in the Github repo for the add-on that you linked originally too.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Script add-ons first need to support custom fonts and colors otherwise custom UIs are a huge pain to maintain when dealing with multi-skin support
Plex Addon in the official repo uses it's own skin, so shouldn't be too 'difficult' but like @Klojum says, probably too many issues to get Kodi to be multi skinned. 

Yes, it would be great to have a BBC iPlayer skin, for 'Iplayer www', a Netflix skin for Netflix, and an Amazon skin for Amazon, why not one for Youtube while we are at it.

The problem, I can see, is not going to be the code, but if you have zipped around Iplayer, Netflix prime and YouTube in this instance is that you are going to add load onto the GPU, which will in turn slow Kodi down on less powered devices like the Pi.

I'm more of a hardware nerd, and can implement efficient software stacks, hense this line of thought - I myself am not a dev!
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
Quote:Thread moved to add-on requests, although I'd also say it's unlikely
Thanks for moving it to the proper location. I realize it's unlikely, but it would be even more unlikely if nobody thought of it or had the idea brought to them.
Quote:The problem, I can see, is not going to be the code, but if you have zipped around Iplayer, Netflix prime and YouTube in this instance is that you are going to add load onto the GPU, which will in turn slow Kodi down on less powered devices like the Pi.
All valid points. I hadn't really thought about this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stylized Netflix addon0