Solved Kodi RC4 GeForce 10xx stutter
updating to latest nightly build. will report my results

Bad News:

Playback of video files encoded in 4K still shrinks the Kodi player so it sits in top left hand quadrant of the TV

Good News:

1. After stopping playback of the 4K files kodi resizes back to 1080p without issue. This was an issue I had with earlier builds.
2. I'm no longer getting stutter and frame drops on 720p files (while resolution is in 1080p)
3. Playback of all files  including the 4K (despite the rezsizing issue) seems to playback without frame drops or any other issues

For the record I have a Nvidia 1050ti
(2019-01-19, 22:09)Desisuperman Wrote: Playback of video files encoded in 4K still shrinks the Kodi player so it sits in top left hand quadrant of the TV
The original poster's issue was solved, and it appears you have had some sucess with it too.
Regards the sizing issue 'search' the forum for pin #19 and continue in that thread, or post your own thread.
Hi all,
I was asked to post to this thread, based on how one of my systems was responding to Krypton.

Basically, jittery or stutter video, but only when the screen is only showing the movie.
That is, if I have the display menu up, am moving the mouse, etc, all is fine and movie is smooth as it should be.

I installed the 20190118 build, and it does the exact same thing.
Let me know if I can try anything else, to help source the issue. I'm not always in the forums, so if a specific test, log, or dialog would be useful, please feel free to email me at andrew at bienhaus dot org

Not the newest machine, but it serves our kitchen well.. ;-)  (has a touch screen in the wall)
Windows 10, 4Gb ram (more but OS limited)
32bit windows 10.
Moved to an SSD recently, and she flies along again.. ;-)

Seems that this thread relates perhaps to a specific video card (judging by the subject line)... so this machine has an Intel Q45/Q43 Express Chipset video card, built into the MB. (MS WDDM 1.1) - using the Intel provided driver, dated 2013-03-11 ver 8.15.10.2702

again, let me know if I can help more, or try anything else. (in the mean time, I'll go looking for an option to keep the toolbar/osd up all the time... ;-)
(2019-01-20, 20:05)Andrew Bienhaus Wrote: again, let me know if I can help more, or try anything else
A full debug log (wiki) is always appreciated. You never know what pops up.
(2019-01-20, 20:05)Andrew Bienhaus Wrote: again, let me know if I can help more, or try anything else. (in the mean time, I'll go looking for an option to keep the toolbar/osd up all the time... ;-)
Have you tried this test version, which @afedchin built:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windo...st-x64.exe

As @afedchin stated, this special build has the final fix but as there are more extensive code changes involved also more HW-testing is needed, therefore it will be implemented to Kodi 18.1 quite probably. What I have understood, current nightlies just hides the issue and that will be also the case for Kodi 18.0. But already great step forward.

Meanwhile,  I did notice, that using the Windowed Fullscreen instead of True Fullscreen works already really well with these latest nightlies for tackling the stuttering (less frame buffers needed with FSE). Check that also.
Yes @Andrew Bienhaus definitely try the test build, it works beautifully on both my Intel iGPU and Nvidia systems.  Intel systems are both i3 based NUCs (D34010WYK) with i3 4010 chips (Intel HD Graphics 4400 GPU).
is there a 32bit version I can try? (ie: does the 20190115 nightly 32bit, include the same fix)
no 32-bit for testing anymore.
ok, then I guess we'll just hope that this addresses the issue as well, when 8.1 comes out. :-)

thanks!
Great news.
Not sure if this was planned for 18.0 or it's by some other accident... but my 32bit system that I had reported my jitter in, updated to 18.0 yesterday, and playback is now smooth and flawless. :-)

thanks!
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi RC4 GeForce 10xx stutter0