v18 How to make a custom Artist?
I've added some compilation albums from different sequals: Top 40, Christmas, Kids etc. I want to show them in the library as a custom Artist, so i can add artist image etc. It should be like this:

Top 40 (artist)
- Edition 2018 (album)
- Edition 2017 (album)
- Edition 2016 (album)

Can this be done? How?
My Kodi Box: Windows 10 (1809; 64bits), Intel Core i5 9600K, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, 16 GB RAM, AMD Radeon RX550, Samsung SSD 970 EVO, Denon AVR x2500H, LG OLED55C7V 55".
You can do this, just by creating in your tags for each song file in these compilations, the album artist "Top 40 Artists" or some such and likewise Album title "Edition 2018".   You probably should also set compilation "True".  I would probably create nfo files for the artist and album, so when you do a scrape, Kodi won't try to get info from online source.   You could also use artist sortname creatively to group these "artists" when you display artists node using sortname (for example, Various:Top 40, Various: Christmas).

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2019-01-05, 01:19)scott967 Wrote: You can do this, just by creating in your tags for each song file in these compilations, the album artist "Top 40 Artists" or some such and likewise Album title "Edition 2018".   You probably should also set compilation "True".  I would probably create nfo files for the artist and album, so when you do a scrape, Kodi won't try to get info from online source.   You could also use artist sortname creatively to group these "artists" when you display artists node using sortname (for example, Various:Top 40, Various: Christmas).

scott s.
 Thanks for your response! Highly appreciated Smile

I did as you explained. I have artist 'Top 40' now in my library. The only thing that is missing is the icon in the Artist view. All of the Artists are scraped by the Universal scraper. But this artist doesn't exist ofcourse. Adding is through a .nfo file i guess?

This doesn't work:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
    <artist>
       <name>Top 40</name>
       <style>Pop</style>
       <biography>Top 40 is de bekendste hitlijst in Nederland.</biography>
       <thumb preview="artist.png">artist.png</thumb>
       <path>Z:\Top 40\</path>
       <fanart />
       <album>
           <title>2018 Week 36</title>
           <year>2018</year>
       </album>
       <art>
       </art>
   </artist>

I named the file artist.nfo, saved here: Z:\Top 40\
Full path to the music files: Z:\Top 40\2018\Week 36

What's wrong?
My Kodi Box: Windows 10 (1809; 64bits), Intel Core i5 9600K, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, 16 GB RAM, AMD Radeon RX550, Samsung SSD 970 EVO, Denon AVR x2500H, LG OLED55C7V 55".
(2019-01-05, 14:57)SanderBroek Wrote:
(2019-01-05, 01:19)scott967 Wrote: You can do this, just by creating in your tags for each song file in these compilations, the album artist "Top 40 Artists" or some such and likewise Album title "Edition 2018".   You probably should also set compilation "True".  I would probably create nfo files for the artist and album, so when you do a scrape, Kodi won't try to get info from online source.   You could also use artist sortname creatively to group these "artists" when you display artists node using sortname (for example, Various:Top 40, Various: Christmas).

scott s.
 Thanks for your response! Highly appreciated Smile

I did as you explained. I have artist 'Top 40' now in my library. The only thing that is missing is the icon in the Artist view. All of the Artists are scraped by the Universal scraper. But this artist doesn't exist ofcourse. Adding is through a .nfo file i guess?

This doesn't work:

<artist>
       <name>Top 40</name>
       <style>Pop</style>
       <thumb preview="artist.png">artist.png</thumb>
       <path>Z:\Top 40\</path>
       <fanart />
       <album>
           <title>2018 Week 36</title>
           <year>2018</year>
       </album>
       <art>
       </art>
   </artist>

I named the file artist.nfo, saved here: Z:\Top 40\
Full path to the music files: Z:\Top 40\2018\Week 36

What's wrong? 
the "<fanart />" tag is wrong and not matched

My advice is keep is simple to start with, then add extra information gradually into the artist.nfo, re-scanning each time.

So start with artist.nfo as follows, saved in the z:\Top 40 directory, along with the artist thumbnail saved as FOLDER.JPG, if you want fanart, save it as fanart.jpg in same folder

<artist>
       <name>Top 40</name>
       <style>Pop</style>
</artist>
@scott967 @Davey  This is still not woking :-(

I have the nfo files set up. FOLDER.JPG as well. Structure:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7j7uildxxoo69...n.jpg?dl=0

What am i doing wrong?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to make a custom Artist?0