[Question] Recently Added Episodes
I tried modifying the settings to hide (disable) the Recently Added Episodes from the TV Shows list. I found nothing, so I tried using such coding lines as these in:

And placed the below code in advancedsettings.xml saved here:
C:\Users\MC\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

<videolibrary>
    <recentlyaddeditems>0</recentlyaddeditems>
  </videolibrary>

So... how can I remove or disable the Recently Added Episodes?
Which skin are you using?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The standard one that came with the Krypton version. I just downloaded Kodi on my new laptop today.
Problem solved. Followed: <removed>
Yet another site pushing VPN's that aren't needed for legitimate usage and banned addon (wiki) stuff that violates our piracy policy (wiki).

Hence links to it are not allowed here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-01-09, 10:26)DarrenHill Wrote: Yet another site pushing VPN's that aren't needed for legitimate usage and banned addon (wiki) stuff that violates our piracy policy (wiki).

Hence links to it are not allowed here.

Excuse me, but my link has nothing to do with VPN being used. My link did NOT violate the ToS. As stated in the ToS itself: "We do not allow promotion or recommendation of commercial VPN services ("free" or subscription)". I assume you were referring to this part in the ToS, and clearly the link I provided did NOT violate the ToS.

Since you deleted a legitimate link which in and of itself had nothing to do with VPNs, please place the solution as the solution in the link you deleted can help others. OR please add the legitimate link I provided.

In any case, VPNs are good regardless of what you personally think.
VPNs can and are used for legitimate reasons, such as to:
  1. Protect yourself against hackers
  2. To allow individuals to access banned websites due to country censorship
  3. Prevent your ISP from snooping on you (last I checked, spying on people is usually legal, is it not? Why should ISPs be treated differently?
VPNS are used for other means, which we are all aware of, and that’s the reason why they are banned on here. Kodi doesn’t need a VPN for standard use.

Advertising links outside the forum to other services also forbidden
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
(2019-01-12, 07:20)tjay260476 Wrote: VPNS are used for other means, which we are all aware of, and that’s the reason why they are banned on here. Kodi doesn’t need a VPN for standard use.

Advertising links outside the forum to other services also forbidden
 As I said, the link has nothing to do with VPNs at all. It had to do with changing skins on kodi and modifying the options to allow the removal of certain menus.
As a moderator has removed the item, and as the forum is on their hardware (aka server) the team reserve the right to remove/edit posts.

Obviously the link is removed for legitimate reasons. Don’t like the reasoning, don’t use the forum.
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
(2019-01-12, 08:38)tjay260476 Wrote: As a moderator has removed the item, and as the forum is on their hardware (aka server) the team reserve the right to remove/edit posts.

Obviously the link is removed for legitimate reasons. Don’t like the reasoning, don’t use the forum.
 That's what I'm gonna do, use Linus Tech Tips or Reddit when I have questions or would like to help other users. I don't believe in senseless censorship.
(2019-01-12, 08:38)tjay260476 Wrote: As a moderator has removed the item, and as the forum is on their hardware (aka server) the team reserve the right to remove/edit posts.

One more thing. Kodi is a cool piece of software, and truly one of the best. But the way a user is treated in the forums makes a difference in terms of how they are likely to donate in the longrun. Considering that I was treated the way I was treated here, I can definitely say I am withdrawing my plan of donating a hundred dollars.
The main body text in your link is indeed not VPN related, but the rest of the page such as the "popular posts" sidebar is riddled with them.

Allow me to quote the top two headers in that section:

5 Best Netflix VPNs (based on 5,000+ tests) & how to use them
8 best VPNs for torrenting & P2P for 2019 (and why many will compromise your privacy)

And if I go to the streaming tab in the main menu bar and select Kodi, I get articles including several pushing banned addons (wiki) and VPN usage.

The judgement hasn't changed, links to the site are not allowed here.

As for our viewpoint on VPNs, it's all in our VPN policy (wiki). They certainly do have legitimate uses, just almost always not in relation to Kodi.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Question] Recently Added Episodes0