BBFC (UK) Certification for movies
Hi, I'm wondering if there is a way to change the movie certification from MPAA to UK?
Go to Videos>Files. Select your source and call up the context menu. Select "Change Content", Select "Settings" and then check the entry for "Preferred Certification Country"
(2019-01-07, 00:26)pallisvans Wrote: Go to Videos>Files. Select your source and call up the context menu. Select "Change Content", Select "Settings" and then check the entry for "Preferred Certification Country"
That will only work on the initial scrape of the movies into the library. It won't work on an existing library. I only mention it as the first post is ambiguous and it is unclear what the starting point is.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Apologies for the delayed reply. Thanks for coming back to me.

I've only just been able to come back to this. I've edited some xml files to show the IMDB rating and certification of each movie when viewing in a popular, external addon. The problem is the certifications are shown in US (MPAA) rather then UK. 
I added some code in the variables.xml to translate US ratings to UK ratings as a 'hack' but all this does is change a G to a U, a PG-13 to a 12/12a etc so it's not an ideal solution.

I have also tried to change: value condition="Container.Content(movies)">$INFO[ListItem.MPAA]</value> to: value condition="Container.Content(movies)">$INFO[ListItem.MPAA,UK:]</value> in the hope it would pull UK ratings but that's not helped - instead all ratings show "UK". 

I've tinkered with settings inside the skin as well but i just cannot seem to get it to pull UK ratings instead of US. Can anyone help with this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BBFC (UK) Certification for movies0