Clean and rename operation leaving a symlink back
Hi,

First, congratulations for this great tool.

I´ve searched in the forum for this issue but I haven´t seen anything relevant with this. Sorry If you have just talked about it

I would like to ask if could be possible create a symlink of the original file when we do the operation of "Clean and rename" towards the new file (movie or episode) with the new name.

Regards
no - that would be contra-productive

clean and rename is used to _cleanup_ your library... If we create symlinks for files we've moved, the mess would just get worse
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2019-01-09, 09:09)mlaggner Wrote: no - that would be contra-productive

clean and rename is used to _cleanup_ your library... If we create symlinks for files we've moved, the mess would just get worse
 It could be an interesting feature when that files are being shared as torrent files... just to avoid a duplicated file, one for being shared with a torrent client name and another one to be sorted in the proper directory and file name.

So in that situation we could have the movies or series downloaded and shared in a directory with the name given for the torrent file and after use the "Clean and rename" option we could have a symlink with the old name pointing to the new name in the new path.

Maybe could be implemented as a different option, to give the users the chance of select the actual "Clean and rename" option or, a new one wich leaves the symlink pointing to the new path and name of that file.

Keep waiting your comments...
Thanks and best regards.
For simplicity - no.
This is too much effort for too little benefit.
Find a better workflow Wink
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean and rename operation leaving a symlink back0