Rename double File Extension in TMM
Hi,
I'm using TMM for renaming my movie files for VMC (enigma mediaplayer addon) a long time now and it helped me a lot.

But one thing that I didn't get managed, is the auto-renaming of files with a double extension.
VMC is generating a .vmc file where the tmdb ID is saved in. The hole filename is then for example "Moviename.mkv.vmc".
In TMM I then added ".mkv.vmc" in filetypes, but then TMM removes the movie extension, so that only ".vmc" is the only one extension. Changing the filetype entry to ".vmc" has the same result.

Is there a solution or any hint for my problem?

greetings
kobi
You clearly should not add such metafiles as video file types! It will get a mess...
You are probably not doing this within Kodi either...

Can you upload such vmc file somewhere?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
It's just a simple text file. It is located in the same folder as the movie and has to be named exactly like the movie filename.

Here is an example.
I would like to remind you, if there is somebody with a solution for my problem.

In the meantime I tried the new 3.0 RC1 but the rename behavior is the same.
this maybe the same reason for movies like ".45.mp4" not showing up at all in TMM3
no - files starting with a dot are "hidden" files in almost every system and thus we ignore it!
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2019-02-04, 10:35)mlaggner Wrote: no - files starting with a dot are "hidden" files in almost every system and thus we ignore it!
 In my case the filename starts normal, but it ends with two extensions.
The "wmc" problem is, that we do not kow this extension, and therefor do not know that we should keep this name like the renamed movie...
It is on our looong TODO list...
(2019-02-05, 09:42)myron Wrote: The "wmc" problem is, that we do not kow this extension, and therefor do not know that we should keep this name like the renamed movie...
TMM "knows" it, because the double extension ('.vmc.mkv') is added in the filetypes settings.

(2019-02-05, 09:42)myron Wrote: It is on our looong TODO list...
Tanks for that. Blush
Ok, that explains your problems.
A double file extension was never intended in this dialog, hence the complete file comparison logic will go crazy.

PS:
is it .vmc.mkv, oder the other way .mkv.vmc?
Sorry, of course it is '.mkv.vmc'.
Blush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rename double File Extension in TMM0