Trailer file naming
Hi,
I mentioned a few months back that kodi (and plex) recognizes 'movie-trailer'.ext as well as <movie filename>'-trailer'.ext
And this naming pattern is now recognized but still no option to choose trailer file naming like with nfo files.

PLEASE add this feature to trailer tab for movies.

It's much more 'stable' to run with this naming scheme because:
(1) plex recognizes this in native trailer function
(2) you have a movie with name 'xy.mkv' and trailer 'xy-trailer.mp4', then you change the movie filename for some reason (upgrade/naming structure) then it is 'xyz.mkv' and 'xy-trailer.mp4' will no longer work. if trailer name was 'movie-trailer.mp4', changes wouldn't affect this kind of changes.

THANKS
It has not been forgotten - _still_ on our long TODO list Wink

Renaming a video inside TMM should also correctly rename the trailer... no?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2019-01-14, 10:50)myron Wrote: It has not been forgotten - _still_ on our long TODO list Wink

Renaming a video inside TMM should also correctly rename the trailer... no?
 Ah! good to know Smile
It should yeah but I'm not changing/renaming manually and I want to keep filenames for better subtitles sync.
Notice that If movie filename has changed from 'xy-blah.mkv' and trailer was 'xy-blah-trailer.mp4' then movie filename changed to 'xyz-blahblah.mkv' and tmm if called to update sources will still look at the original 'xy-blah-trailer.mp4' as local trailer, even that <movie-filename> is diff. So even then, you would expect it to re-download trailer I guess (because renaming a file containing trailer would be 'invasive').
I'm guessing it's not intended and maybe a faulty regex...
Anyhow, I think going with movie-trailer solves this kinda' issues.
well, no.

If the movie name changes (outside TMM), then it is detected as new movie (on update datasources)
Since the trailer does not match video file, we won't see it then...

But we might get this into v3 not-so-late...
(2019-01-14, 21:00)myron Wrote: well, no.

If the movie name changes (outside TMM), then it is detected as new movie (on update datasources)
Since the trailer does not match video file, we won't see it then...

But we might get this into v3 not-so-late...
 I just tested it again with tmm 2.9.4.
Movie is under movie's name dir, in tmm db with scraped info, written nfo and trailer file <movie-filename>-trailer.ext format.
Changed filename (tried a few diff patterns), clicked 'update data sources', tmm still recognizes as trailer exists.
even better Smile
If this movie is in its own directory, it will be detected just fine....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trailer file naming0