Question concerning smart playlists
Greetings! I am super duper new to this website, so if this is the wrong place to post on behalf of this, I apologize! Nonetheless, here is my situation.

I have an android TV box running Kodi. I run media off of a USB drive. I created several smart playlists that run this media. Now, recently, I acquired a second android TV box along with another USB drive. I would like to run the same media from the first android box onto the second android box. To do this, I made sure to copy the media over from the first USB drive to the second USB drive as exactly as I could. As far as I can tell, it seems the same across the board; same files, directories, ect. Now, I went ahead and copied the smart playlist files from within the first android box itself from the following directory:

Android > data > org.xbmc.kodi > files >.kodi > userdata > playlists > video

I placed all of my smart playlist files into this same directory on the second android TV box. Unfortunately, however, when I attempt to run the playlists, Kodi is unable to locate the video files...even though they appear to be in the same place within the directory. Everything is the same as far as I can tell. Even the USB drives have the same name. I really do not know what else could be wrong which is why I am posting here about it.

My concern is that perhaps when one creates a smart playlist, that playlist file becomes proprietary to the user profile? Thus, this other user profile on the second android box is unable to run the playlist? If that is the case is there a way to sync the profile along multiple devices? Or, is there something else I am doing wrong and the playlist files are not actually proprietary to the profile that created them?
Moved to Android.

Answering one of your questions, no the playlist is not locked to a particular profile. It can be moved around, as long as all the conditions are the same. At a guess, i would say that the paths to your media files are different.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-01-12, 06:33)Karellen Wrote: At a guess, i would say that the paths to your media files are different.
 They aren't different though! At least, it doesn't seem that way at first glance. It's a real head scratcher. From what I see thus far, the paths are the same and even the same amount of space is being used on the USB drive! Perhaps I could be mistaken. It's at least nice knowing that profiles don't lock playlists.
Yeah, I looked at it further via both hard drives in the computer. I compared them and they have the same amount of data used with the same directories. I'm pretty much at a loss. Unless somehow the copying process from one hard drive to another messed with the files in some way, I have no clue what could causing this issue. I suppose I'll just have to rebuild the playlists from scratch. I'm just sad lol because I plan to make a lot more playlists in the future and it looks like I'll have to build them from scratch on both devices each time since my attempt to simply copy the media+playlists over has failed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question concerning smart playlists0