v18 RC5 - Video database is not loading after migration from 113 to 115
Hi,

just wanted to ask if somebody else is facing this issue. I just updated to RC5 and the migration of the database (113>115 on a mariadb) worked fine. After the migration the spinning wheel in the database is spinning and spinning, but nothing happens. After restarting Kodi the screen stays black for a long view seconds and then Kodi starts but with an empty video database. I reverted back to RC4 and everything is back to normal again.
It is a known issue. Developers are looking for a fix at this very moment.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Awesome. Thanks a lot.
Phenomenon occurs on Windows 10, Android 7, Android TV 7 and Android TV 8, all using a shared remote database. 
Kodi starts, but shows now media, and adding / re-scanning media or updating library is not starting either on any installation.
Oh, and the media-sources (from sources.xml) are present, but have lost their content-settings.
First attempt at a fix... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/15235
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It happened to me on mariadb 10.1.37
We're still trouble-shooting.
Damn, this happened to me too. I haven't done any investigation yet, anybody can comment on how I can roll back and/or how much I can recover?
Can I maybe go back to rc4 (if the old rc's are downloadable somewhere)
Thx
Looks like the new sql schema for views is using function which are supported by more recent sql server versions

SQL Error (1349): View's SELECT contains a subquery in the FROM clause

Subqueries are not supported in older MySql / MariaDb versions
@thica
Please fix your signature. The Kodi forum allows for 4 text lines, not 6.
If necessary, think more horizontal instead of vertical.

And yes, there is a video database v116 coming. Things are still a work-in-progress.
(2019-01-12, 22:17)thica Wrote: Looks like the new sql schema for views is using function which are supported by more recent sql server versions

SQL Error (1349): View's SELECT contains a subquery in the FROM clause

Subqueries are not supported in older MySql / MariaDb versions
For those of us still running RC4, exactly which would be the minimum versions of MySQL and MariaDB that would be required to support it?
I was running MySQL 5.5.x. Upgraded 5.5.x->5.6.x->5.7.x and all is well now.
(2019-01-12, 22:17)thica Wrote: Subqueries are not supported in older MySql / MariaDb versions
"MySQL 5.5 is working again with rc5v2, fortunately the fix was fairly straightforward." as per Kodi devs Smile
Is there any idea of ETA for the fix being pushed out?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RC5 - Video database is not loading after migration from 113 to 1151