Android Leia 18 Library gone and I can't scan or re add
I've just updated the Shield to 7.2.2 and immediately after rebooting, Kodi updated. 

It stated it was updating the (shared on my NAS) library, but when it had finished the library was empty, I selected the directory and re added them as Movies, but when it asks if I want to scan, I select Yes, but nothing happens.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?
Can't help you there but I'm having the same problem. Sources still exist but content isn't and can't be set / remembered. 
After changing content type and checking back its set to none again. Movies and TV shows are available to play but not in the library.
(2019-01-12, 17:52)PCArcade Wrote: I've just updated the Shield to 7.2.2 and immediately after rebooting, Kodi updated. 
That's a bit odd... The official version for Kodi is still 8.2.5. And alpha/beta/rc versions are not auto-updated AFAIK.

Which versions of Kodi did you upgrade from and to?

Personally, I don't let Android auto-update apps, just for situations like this one.
Version is 18.0-RC5 Git:2019090111-baff0a1
Compiled: 2019-01-11

Hope that helps!
Not sure about the previous version, but IIRC it was RC4
Looks like a general issue and a fix is being worked on  
339268 (thread)
It also looks like it's an issue that my NAS provider hasn't updated mySQL for about 5 years!
Yes, we're still investigating the SQL troubles. v116 is in the pipeline.

I'm still running MySQL 5.5.26 on a Ubuntu 14.04 machine.
Also testing with a LibreELEC 8.95.002 and MariaDB 10.3 something (i think) addon server.

And indeed not every NAS manufacturer is as anxious to update the NAS firmware. Some are better at it than others.
My shield just pushed through the Leia update yesterday, and haven''t been able to update new content since.
Why does this get pushed through without any warning or choice, when it's not even working??

How close are they to a fix?
(2019-02-03, 12:46)Brasmuss Wrote: Why does this get pushed through without any warning or choice, when it's not even working??
Probably because you didn't bother to disable auto-updates on your ANDROID device. The fact that the Kodi application has bugs is unfortunate, but it is totally unrelated to Android's update policy.

Google sets all of its devices (smartphones, shields, android boxes, etc) to auto-update software applications by default, and 99.9% of Android users are either unfamiliar with this setting or didn't think it was necessary to change it.
My Kodi 18 RC5 auto updated on my Shield, although I purposely set it to auto update some time ago. Actually the RC5 version was better than the final Version of Leia. My library is fine, but my Super Favorite folders don't play and my movies and video do not keep their Resume position. Think I'll delete Leia and go back to Krypton. I don;t see any outward difference in Leia to make it worth all the hassle.
Super Favourites seems to have some issues with Leia and needs some update work. There are some posts relating to that in the add-ons support thread.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Leia 18 Library gone and I can't scan or re add0