Need help with disappearing image control
Photo 
I've been working on a new screensaver: https://github.com/robbieh/screensaver.embellir

But I have a problem where one of the image controls is disappearing when the screensaver is first installed. I'm in a fortunate position that I have a collaborator and I can test this on my laptop, his laptop, my dedicated Kodi, and his dedicated Kodi. Three of those are Linux devices, and his laptop is Windows. In both cases where I've installed the screensaver on the deciated Kodi boxes via a zip file, it sort-of works but the main image control is missing. After I restarted Kodi on my dedicated box, it began working. But it hasn't on his. Also, in some cases it seems the image pops up but then either disappears or else falls behind the background image".

All of these are Kodi Krypton 17.6.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of some things to look at. The event log isn't saying anything interesting (pretty much just " CSkinInfo: failed to load skin settings" which seems to happen all the time even when it works) even when debug logging is on.

Thanks in advance!
first, try this Smile
settings.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<settings>
    <category label="32002">
        <setting label="32008" type="slider" id="wait-time-before-changing-image" default="20" range="10,1,3600" option="int" />
        <setting label="32003" type="enum" id="screensaver-mode" default="0" lvalues="32004|32005|32006"/>
        <setting label="32009" type="folder" id="my-pictures-folder" source="auto" option="writeable" visible="eq(-1,1)|eq(-1,2)"/>
        <setting label="clock viz" type="select" id="clock-mode" default="circle" values="square|circle|off"/>
        <setting label="weather viz" type="select" id="weather-mode" default="on" values="on|off"/>
        <setting label="clock position" type="select" id="clock-position" default="corner" values="center|corner"/>
    </category>
    <category label="Colors">
        <setting label="Primary color - red" type="slider" id="primary-red" default="255" range="0,255" option="int" />
        <setting label="Primary color - green" type="slider" id="primary-green" default="255" range="0,255" option="int" />
        <setting label="Primary color - blue" type="slider" id="primary-blue" default="255" range="0,255" option="int" />
        <setting label="Primary color - alpha" type="slider" id="primary-alpha" default="255" range="0,255" option="int" />
        <setting label="Secondary color - red" type="slider" id="secondary-red" default="255" range="0,255" option="int" />
        <setting label="Secondary color - green" type="slider" id="secondary-green" default="255" range="0,255" option="int" />
        <setting label="Secondary color - blue" type="slider" id="secondary-blue" default="255" range="0,255" option="int" />
        <setting label="Secondary color - alpha" type="slider" id="secondary-alpha" default="255" range="0,255" option="int" />
        <setting label="Tertiary color - red" type="slider" id="tertiary-red" default="255" range="0,255" option="int" />
        <setting label="Tertiary color - green" type="slider" id="tertiary-green" default="255" range="0,255" option="int" />
        <setting label="Tertiary color - blue" type="slider" id="tertiary-blue" default="255" range="0,255" option="int" />
        <setting label="Tertiary color - alpha" type="slider" id="tertiary-alpha" default="255" range="0,255" option="int" />
    </category>
    <category label="32011">
        <setting label="32015" type="bool" id="hide-pic-info" default="false"/>
        <setting label="32020" type="bool" id="hide-overlay" default="false"/>
        <setting label="32021" type="bool" id="show-blackbackground" default="false"/>
    </category>
    <category label="32016">
        <setting label="32017" type="select" id="animation" values="panzoom|fade" default="panzoom"/>
    </category>
</settings>
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
Thanks! I gave that a try, unzipped it, uninstalled, reinstalled...but the symptom was just the same. It's not the settings controls that are missing, it's the imageControl defined here: https://github.com/robbieh/screensaver.e...ir.xml#L35
I change with your code for settings becose I can change values
your settings
screensaver-embellir.xml
Not missing, some code are wrong.
Code:
<visible>!String.IsEqual(Window.Property(hide-pic-info),"true")</visible>
need to be without ""
Code:
<visible>!String.IsEqual(Window.Property(hide-pic-info),true)</visible>

some Property missing (see right left down corner on image)
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
I'm glad to see it is running for you!

I fixed what you recommended, but still have the same problem. But that got me on the right path. I tried changing the visibility settings to true, but that did not help. Then I realized that maybe the problem was the Asustor NAS that is having the problem just could not load the image file. So I changed the code to use "/tmp" just to see what happened. It started working immediately.

It turns out the NAS running Kodi uses a really bizarre setup where /usr/local/ is actually a symlink. After some futzing, I changed:

TEMP = xbmc.translatePath("special://temp"))
to:
TEMP = os.path.realpath(xbmc.translatePath("special://temp"))

and *bam* it works!

Many, many thanks for your help and feedback. I'll try to have a real version of this out soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with disappearing image control0