Debugging orphaned screensaver.randomtrailers
I am trying to resurrect the addon screensaver.randomtrailers (last updated 2014). I have been working on a sibling plugin: service.trailer.screensaver, which continues to work fairly well, but which I am trying to improve.

I'm a noob. My first problem is that it uses the older WindowXMLDialog and can not find controls by id:
        self.getControl(30001).setImage(trailer["thumbnail"])
The log shows that the corresponding .xml was loaded. I noticed that "30001" was not unique, so I changed all of the ids to "800xx", but without improvement.

My assumption is that this plugin worked just fine a few releases ago and then stopped once the APIs changed underneath it.

Is there a recommended approach for how to tackle this? Some ideas that I have are:
* Simplify the offending script-DialogVideoInfo.xml to a single control in order to eliminate some unreported error preventing it from working
* Recode to avoid use of the "ids", perhaps upgrade to WindowXML or some other current best-practice.
I would rather not start from scratch. Even if I do end up completely refactoring the beast, I would rather do in many small steps.

Thanks for any help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Debugging orphaned screensaver.randomtrailers0