• 3(current)
Pre-Release 3.0 RC4
Hello
After the upgrade - genre "Science Fiction" writes as "Science fiction". As a result, I have 2 identical folders and the same content.
https://imgur.com/vKKOsHO
Some additional items I have found. I mean not to be picky or complain, but I am just sharing my findings.

1. The NR rating icon/image is no longer there as it was on v2, recently added though.
2. The option to refresh a selected(s) movie is no longer there. There is a refresh metadata, but not the directory contents, like a fresh scan of just the selected items.
3. The Trakt API options for scraper just ask for API key. Trakt uses 2 part key, which is requested?
4. An option to "edit" a data source vs only add or delete would be nice to have.
5. There is option to add external source, but it would be nice to add a NAS or network share as a data source vs needing to map it to a local directory.
6. Copy / paste does not work within the GUI in most all cases. Example, in the rename, I can see the default but I need to type it all in vs a copy/paste to restore the default.
(2019-01-27, 22:28)Zwanzig Wrote: Hello
After the upgrade - genre "Science Fiction" writes as "Science fiction". As a result, I have 2 identical folders and the same content.
https://imgur.com/vKKOsHO
 This has been odd for me to throughout my use of this application. As a Linux user, "F" and "f" are not the same character (as it should be), but if I were to rename a folder or file with only a case change, it would fail on v2, saying the name already exists. I have yet to try this on v3, but I will look at that and pay attention to the issue.
@Zwanzig in v3 we use either the technical genre name (SCIENCE_FICTION) or the translated one.. in your and thwallers case there was a problem in the translations (EN and PL had Science fiction) - I've changed that now.. I hope the translator of PL will correct that in weblate too Smile

@thwaller
1. you are right - iirc I did not find a good svg to use and have forgotten to search later on...
2. will investigate
3. IIRC the trakt api do not need the same keys as for syncing your lib - will investigate
4. no sorry, won't come; each movie (tv show) has a direct connection to one of your data source. if you would edit the data source you would lose the connection between data source and movies and create orphans.. if you want to "move" the movies (tv shows) to another datasource (e.g. another mount point), you can add the other data source, and choose the action "change data source"
5. java needs access to a "local" file system. as you might imagine Java is not able to mount anything via cifs/samba, nfs, ftp, webdav, ... it is not the focus of java - thats the focus of the operating system.
6. copy/paste only works on editable fields.. we are not in the web..
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
@thwaller with over 3000 movies - did you increase the available memory for tmm? maybe you get close enough to the limits and the garbage collector slows the UI down.. (you see the available/consumed memory in the lower left)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
2) fixed - thx
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2019-01-28, 12:59)mlaggner Wrote: @thwaller with over 3000 movies - did you increase the available memory for tmm? maybe you get close enough to the limits and the garbage collector slows the UI down.. (you see the available/consumed memory in the lower left)
 @mlaggner I did not. The reason is that I never approach the max memory. I can try this though and see. Using v2, all the same settings result in no issues, but I understand this is a whole new UI so requirements are different.

EDIT: I just checked ... during the process used is approx 142, free 369 of total 512. There is a slight flux (+/- maybe 20 max) during the operation, but nothing more.

As per a prior post RE java version, is what I have in accordance with your expectations, v10 vs v11/v8? I want to rule that out as a possible cause if you are satisfied with what I have installed.
hmm... tbh - I do not know, why ubuntu is packaging java 10 as java 11.
But I don't think it should be any JDK issue (had a look at the code and this is just reading some hashed tables...).. the finding algorithm (and also the filtering algorithm) has changed between v2 and v3.
Do you have any other filters active while searching for duplicates?

also your memory consumption looks great Smile I think I need to do a trace here - could you send me a total file listing of your data source that I can rebuild your structure with dummy files? (find /<path_to_ds>/ > files.txt) 
please send it to [email protected]
(2019-01-28, 18:50)mlaggner Wrote: hmm... tbh - I do not know, why ubuntu is packaging java 10 as java 11.
But I don't think it should be any JDK issue (had a look at the code and this is just reading some hashed tables...).. the finding algorithm (and also the filtering algorithm) has changed between v2 and v3.
Do you have any other filters active while searching for duplicates?

also your memory consumption looks great Smile I think I need to do a trace here - could you send me a total file listing of your data source that I can rebuild your structure with dummy files? (find /<path_to_ds>/ > files.txt) 
please send it to [email protected]
 No other filters active when looking for duplicates normally. Sometimes I will restrict it to a data source selection, but not normally. I have never experienced a memory issue, on v2 or v3 for the short time using it. It is worth noting that when I filter for new movies, it is fast, or better said with it is as expected.

RE java 10/11, I typically do not mess with the java packages, so I leave it as published as recommended for my release version. So my process of install is simply to take what I am told to, follow any directions and done.

I will send you file as requested, give me a bit please.
well, you did nothing wrong - see https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/openjdk-11-jdk
to get a clue WHY ubuntu is doing that, you may read over at here: https://dzone.com/articles/installing-op...4-for-real

but I still do not think the problem is because of java 10...
(2019-01-28, 20:32)mlaggner Wrote: well, you did nothing wrong - see https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/openjdk-11-jdk
to get a clue WHY ubuntu is doing that, you may read over at here: https://dzone.com/articles/installing-op...4-for-real

but I still do not think the problem is because of java 10...
 This is good to know, and thank you for looking into that. I was not aware of this, but this is good information to know, I would have just assumed that it is java 11 as it states. Will be sending requested file(s) shortly ... when I have access to the media drives.
Possibility to choose the size for the collection posters and collection fanart
@thwaller ok found it.. I am a complete idiot Wink I have processed the whole duplicate finding for every movie Big Grin
for your ~3000 movies I've processed the finding 3000 times (~processed 3000*3000 movies) - here you see that Java has a insane performance Tongue I try to fix that for the next RC
Feature request:

Possibility to sync collections via Kodi rpc would be nice

But even without ttm is the best mediamanager out there
Hello.
What does the triangle in the Pictures column mean?
This is new for me and only for series.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pre-Release 3.0 RC40