Orbsmart S84 - Kodi Whitelist Modi only 1080p@60Hz
Hi there, i have the Orbsmart S84 Android 6 Media Player with Kodi 18 RC5.2 and also tested latest Nightly from 14.01.2019. There are some randomly micro stutter problems with 4K and 1080p Videos. Im pretty shure the reason is, that i only can choose from my Android System "full" framerates like 24 Hz, 25, Hz and not something like 23,976 Hz. So i try the Kodi whitelist, but here i only have 1080p@60Hz. Trying to change Kodi System & Display Options like "Override HDCP Status" or "Ignore Display Resolution" were without success.

Playing the Videos directly over TV USB Ports make no stutter Problems. So it comes from my Orbsmart / Kodi
With Kodi 17.6 I have same stutter problems.

Who can help me?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2019-01-14, 23:40)Grey69 Wrote: Hi there, i have the Orbsmart S84 Android 6 Media Player with Kodi 18 RC5.2 ...

Unless by some miracle the vendor of such an AMLogic S912 device has implemented working Android Kodi Krypton / Leia refresh switching you will only get whatever you select in Android OS settings as a Kodi refresh rate.

There are only three Android Kodi devices currently on sale that have auto Kodi refresh switching working. They are the FireTV Stick 4K, NVIDIA Shield and the MINIX U9.

Buy a Class 10, UHS1 Samsung EVO microSDHC card (and adapter) and dual boot and run CoreELEC Kodi Leia on it if you want working Kodi Leia auto refresh and resolution switching:

https://discourse.coreelec.org/c/general/guides

Thank you very much wrxtasy !

Maybe with Android 7 the problem would disappear.
The Orbsmart S84 has two revisions - same Hardware but various Android Versions (v6 and v7).
Strangely both devices had own firmware files and are not compatible with each other. So i have to life with Android 6.

I will try your tip with CoreELEC Kodi.
(2019-01-15, 04:09)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-01-14, 23:40)Grey69 Wrote: Hi there, i have the Orbsmart S84 Android 6 Media Player with Kodi 18 RC5.2 ...

Unless by some miracle the vendor of such an AMLogic S912 device has implemented working Android Kodi Krypton / Leia refresh switching you will only get whatever you select in Android OS settings as a Kodi refresh rate.

There are only three Android Kodi devices currently on sale that have auto Kodi refresh switching working. They are the FireTV Stick 4K, NVIDIA Shield and the MINIX U9.

Buy a Class 10, UHS1 Samsung EVO microSDHC card (and adapter) and dual boot and run CoreELEC Kodi Leia on it if you want working Kodi Leia auto refresh and resolution switching:

https://discourse.coreelec.org/c/general/guides 
You made my day ! After installing the latest Coreelec nightly and some tweaks (IR Remote) now all works fine. Thank you !
(2019-01-15, 04:09)wrxtasy Wrote:

FYI, with Kodi 18 and Minix U9 with Android 7 firmware, the whitelist is just one entry (1080p/60) and framerate switching is not working...
would be nice if we can force a white list on kodi...
my s912 is not one of the 3 models that have autoframerate....

But that is not a problem as using Frameswitcher addon (it changes form automatically from 60Hz/50Hz or 24 Hz) depending on video files.

The problem is that i like to syncronise the video with the display hz (and here is were kodi takes the whitelist to do that, it smoothess better the videos pans and movements (as hz and fps from the videos are syncronized) but as it uses whitelist its always done to 60 Hz..(as it takes the whitelist info that is from android)...and that makes that 50 hz and 24hz videos dont have the perfect smooth video play...

For that will be great having a manual whitelist to force the player to syncronice to whatever Hz we wanna and it dont depend on android system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Orbsmart S84 - Kodi Whitelist Modi only 1080p@60Hz0