PRV section gone from Repo for Windows
I just updated to v18 RC5 and went to try out the Live tv but it said I needed to select a backend so I went to the kodi repo and the isn't a section for the PVR.  I read the other 2 topics concerning this but they were having issues for their linux os and raspberry pi and this is on my Windows 10 system.  I restarted the PC, restarted kodi, looked everywhere just in case it was under the wrong category.  Nothing.  Thoughts?  Thanks.
(2019-01-15, 03:01)nolos Wrote: I needed to select a backend so I went to the kodi repo and the isn't a section for the PVR
Kodi does not provide Live TV directly. It requires another program (backend) to supply it, and the corresponding add-on allows you to watch it through Kodi.

PVR add-ons are in Add-ons > Install from repository > PVR Clients
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Understand. I have nextpvr installed and running. Been working fine for 3 years. After the Leia install I was told that the addons for the frontend are no longer built into Kodi and that I need to install the add-on from the Kodi repo. However, when I go to the Kodi repo there isn't a category for PVR
I also have this issue with the official release version and also the latest nightly.
I have the same issue but on Win 7. No issues updating 2 systems to the official release. After installing update I simply went to pvr addons and downloaded simple client pvr again. On the third system, after installing the update, the pvr section of the kodi repository is completely missing. I applied the update again, rebooted several times, still no joy.
OK. No idea why or how this worked, but maybe it will help.

I ended up completely uninstalling Kodi. I then installed Leia Beta 5 and was able to reinstall simple client from the PVR addon section. Then, I upgraded again to the official release. This time, the PVR remained.

Good luck

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PRV section gone from Repo for Windows0