Problems with TVH PVR with Firestick4k
Hi, many thanks for the writers of the TVheadend PVR plugin, its an amazing piece of work and has been hugely enabling in our property where we move between different buildings and are now freed from the Satellite cable.
Our TVHeadend pc is tuned to UK Freesat on 2 tuners.  

At Christmas we replaced our FireStick 2nd Gen with a Firestick 3rd Gen ( 4k ) as we were hoping the increased cpu would let kodi fly.  
Unfortunately it is unusable, as we have terrible problems with Kodi 17 and 18rc on the new stick, the PVR plugin hangs after any amount of time, it seems random, it  crashes playing HD streams very rapidly and hangs the stick. 
Ive reinstalled the stick, kodi etc etc but nothing fixes it.  The 2nd gen stick works fine.

However I dont seem to have problems playing back prerecorded content that I had saved in the past or ripped from DVDS, just the content coming via the PVR plugin.

Its a real shame because its really snappy and a great upgrade in performance from the 2nd Gen, but for the moment we cant use it with TVHeadend/Kodi.

Has anyone else had problems with the PVR plugin and the Firestick 4k ?    The 2nd gen stick works fine still.

I havent seen anyone else with the same problem.
This is an issue with the new fire stick 4K. On github there’s an open issue with amazon which suggests it’s a driver issue and they’ve raised it with their vendor.
It works fine with the older pendant fire tv 4K though which is a bit frustrating.

I’ve had success with dream player tv app on amazon App Store though so it may be a kodi or ffmpeg specific issue as regards the driver.
If it’s truly a driver issue it may take some time to be solved if it’s a kodi or ffmpeg issue it may be sorted in Leia already given the other app seems to be working fine.
Thanks for that, glad to know its not me but disappointing, the stick is so much snappier.  Can you point me at the GitHub issue so I can follow it ?
Anyone had any success since then ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with TVH PVR with Firestick4k0