Solved Struggle to exclude directories from the library
Hello!
I still struggle to exclude directories (with audio files) from the library.
xml:
 <audio>
  <excludefromscan>
    <regexp>/MP3[A-Z0-9 ]*/</regexp>
    <regexp>/mp3[0-9 ]*/</regexp>
    <regexp>/FLAC[A-Z0-9_ \(\)]*/</regexp>
    <regexp>/AAC[0-9 ]*/</regexp>
    <regexp>/One-File[A-Z0-9 ]*/</regexp>
  </excludefromscan>
 <audio>
I've tried excludefromlisting in addition, but the content of these directories, for example "MP3 V0", is still listed. Also .nomedia (Linux) doesn't work (for audio). I haven't a clue what's wrong.
I've rescanned and cleared the library. No success. Can anyone help?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Update_Music_Library#Exclude
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks!
I didn't get it instantly, but after renaming, clearing and renaming back again, none of these versions appear again. So, if a file/folder is once in the library, it doesn't vanish as long as it is a valid path, right?
Probably the best I can do is remove the whole db and start with a new one, isn't it?

... another annoying thing is that there are still duplicate artist entries, for example 2 albums of Björk showing up as Bjork (in a duplicate folder named "Björk"), although all tags contain "Björk" (artistsort and albumartistsort).
Might this be the same problem? I tagged the files with MusicBrainz Picard after my initial scan.
... it is. So, I can alter the files meta info for changing categories, album names, etc., but it's not possible to change the structure artist/album/song or remove parts of it in this way. It would be a huge improvement if this would be made possible (like with videos).
But now I know what to do. Thanks once again. SOLVED!
(2019-01-16, 22:58)ernstlx Wrote: So, if a file/folder is once in the library, it doesn't vanish as long as it is a valid path, right?
Probably the best I can do is remove the whole db and start with a new one, isn't it?
Correct. It is a bit different to the video library, where you can just delete a movie from the library (though it will be re-scanned back next time the Update Library is run). With music, the files need to be removed then a Clean Library needs to be run to clear it out of the library.

You can just remove your Sources, run a Clean Library and you should have an empty db again.

(2019-01-16, 22:58)ernstlx Wrote: still duplicate artist entries, for example 2 albums of Björk showing up as Bjork (in a duplicate folder named "Björk"), although all tags contain "Björk" (artistsort and albumartistsort).
It usually is a tagging problem, though having tagged with MB Picard and still getting that problem raises an eyebrow. But if you still have that problem after populating your new DB, provide a screenshot of the tags for the two different songs.

(2019-01-16, 23:25)ernstlx Wrote: But now I know what to do. Thanks once again. SOLVED!
Great! I'll mark this solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Quote:It usually is a tagging problem, though having tagged with MB Picard and still getting that problem raises an eyebrow.
No, that was the same problem. After renaming, cleaning, renaming again, the albums are shown in the correct folder with "ö" in the title listing as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Struggle to exclude directories from the library0