v17 Why do merged tv show files show up as seperate entries?
Hello!
There's a thing that I don't understand:
If a file contains more than one tv show episode, it is shown as different entries, although every entry starts to play at the beginning (even if the dvd image has no main menu), but it makes sense in a way as there could be episodes with different titles.
But why show merged files the same behavior. If they are in fact separate items, why would I merge them and if they are not, why would I start the second part, when it starts from the beginning as well?
It is no problem, because I can merge them to one single file (and I have only few episodes stored like this), but I can't figure out, how this could be helpful anyway.
(2019-01-17, 00:02)ernstlx Wrote: If a file contains more than one tv show episode, it is shown as different entries,
Yes, this is multi-part files. You can use Episode Bookmarks to start at the correct location... https://kodi.wiki/view/Bookmarks_and_cha..._bookmarks

(2019-01-17, 00:02)ernstlx Wrote: But why show merged files the same behavior.
I am not sure what merged files are. Do you mean a single episode is in two files?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
S01E01.1, S01E01.2 etc.
These files get merged (length of all parts together), but they are shown 4 times (entries), if there are 4 parts, even if they have the exact same title.
(2019-01-17, 00:27)ernstlx Wrote: These files get merged (length of all parts together), but they are shown 4 times (entries), if there are 4 parts, even if they have the exact same title.
No, that is not how it works. I think you have confused this option.

That file naming is ONLY used when the following two conditions are met...
1. using DVD Order in scraper settings AND
2. the entries are named that way at the TVDB site. See the image...

This option at TheTVDB has been created because sometimes the Pilot episode of a TV Show is movie length but was broadcast on TV as two episodes. When the DVD is released, it is one episode, so there needed to be an adjustment in the episode numbering between the default Aired Order and the DVD Order.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thread moved to OS independent
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why do merged tv show files show up as seperate entries?0