Android Four Track FLAC file may not be playing correctly in Kodi Leia 18 RC5
Hi there,

I have been recently testing some Quad Audio tracks from the Chicago Quadio Box Set. I am having trouble Both with Kodi 18 RC5 and Plex (both on Shield TV) in that they seem to be interpreting them as Stereo tracks. When I Play them through MrMC on my Shield TV they seem to play the same as the Blurays that came with the set.

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this to determine why Kodi isn't playing these correctly. FYI I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled Kodi to make sure it was not a corrupt installation.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

PS I have a 7.0 speaker config that I use with Kodi just fine with BluRay and UHD rips.

Timt
I'll move your post to the Music section
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
There’s other threads here in the Music sub forum on this.

Seems many AVRs don’t recognise quad (4.0) pcm and play only as stereo (only the front channels, rear info is lost). Denon, Marantz etc

The workaround is to add a silent centre channel (5.0) to the FLAC files. I have a Windows tool that does that automatically for every 4 channel FLAC found recursively in any sub-folder. See the pinned threads here in Music for Music Helper. If you’re not on Windows you can do it with Sox or Ffmpeg on the command line.
(2019-01-17, 10:31)HomerJau Wrote: There’s other threads here in the Music sub forum on this.

Seems many AVRs don’t recognise quad (4.0) pcm and play only as stereo (only the front channels, rear info is lost). Denon, Marantz etc

The workaround is to add a silent centre channel (5.0) to the FLAC files. I have a Windows tool that does that automatically for every 4 channel FLAC found recursively in any sub-folder. See the pinned threads here in Music for Music Helper. If you’re not on Windows you can do it with Sox or Ffmpeg on the command line.

I have noticed similar behaviour if you have a mono flac file and have stereo upmix enabled you only get sound out of the centre speaker and that seems very quiet as well, to fix I just converted the tracks to stereo, would your tool have fixed this as well ?
Not currently but I can add ‘Mono to Stereo’ conversion in the next update if you need it?
Only had a few which i did manually, but it would seem a useful addition if its not too much trouble
(2019-01-17, 10:31)HomerJau Wrote: There’s other threads here in the Music sub forum on this.

Thanks. I will try this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Four Track FLAC file may not be playing correctly in Kodi Leia 18 RC50