Win Beetle PSX Core
Hi guys, i have a pretty slow performance and audio crackle with the beetle psx core. In retroarch the beetle psx core is working pretty well.

My specs
Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz    36 °C
    Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    MSI P67A-GD65 (MS-7681) (SOCKET 0)    37 °C
Graphics
    ASUS VE278 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    SyncMaster (1680x1050@60Hz)
    SONY TV (1920x1080@60Hz)
    8192MB ATI Radeon RX 580 Series (Gigabyte)    51 °C
Storage
    238GB SAMSUNG SSD 830 Series (SSD)    28 °C
    465GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB (SSD)    26 °C
    5589GB Western Digital WDC WD60EFRX-68L0BN1 (SATA)    31 °C
    5589GB Western Digital WDC WD60EFRX-68L0BN1 (SATA)    30 °C
Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203D
Audio
    ASUS Essence STX II Audio Device

Can someone help or compile (sry i'm a noob) the hw beetle psx core over to kodi retroplayer? Does anyone else has poor performance with the beetle psx core on kodi?

Greets and thanks in advance.
I'm using the latest Kodi 18 RC5 btw.
Me too.
I'm pretty sure any/all hardware-accelerated libretro cores aren't feasible in RetroPlayer due to the current implementation of OpenGL in Kodi.
Ah ok but the software beetle psx core works just fine in retroarch for me. so there must be a problem within kodi.
(2019-01-17, 21:18)GotProblemNeedHelp Wrote: Ah ok but the software beetle psx core works just fine in retroarch for me. so there must be a problem within kodi.
 The software core/renderer will work just fine, since it doesn't require the bits that Kodi can't do. Kodi also has a lot more background use/overhead than RetroArch, so if you're marginal in RetroArch the extra load from Kodi may make it unplayable. 

The RetroPlayer work done for Leia is a huge, fantastic amount of work in itself but there's still a long way to go to get it to match RetroArch in terms of core support & features & odds are it'll always take more overhead in the background than a dedicated emulation solution.
Are you experiencing this bug with European ROMs only?

Kodi Retroplayer runs at a constant frame rate of 60 FPS. However, European games must run at 50 FPS. I have noticed that European ROMs in RP run at a wrong speed (game thinks it is running at 50 FPS by actually is running at 60 FPS) and also sound is cracking or discontinuous because of the wrong timing. Retroarch solves this problem by running at the native framerate (you can check this by activating the "Show FPS" option in Retroarch, it runs at 50 or 60 FPS depending on the game region). I think this is a major problem in Kodi RP and the solution may be difficult to implement. If my theory is correct (I need to do some more tests) the solution at the moment is to use USA/Japan ROMs only.
Both US and EU roms run equally bad.
I found a solution (also improves performance on other cores). The rewind feature is causing the sloppy performance - disable it under Kodi->Settings->Games->Rewind
(2019-01-23, 09:40)GotProblemNeedHelp Wrote: I found a solution (also improves performance on other cores). The rewind feature is causing the sloppy performance - disable it under Kodi->Settings->Games->Rewind

Maybe we should disable this by default until Rewind is actually exposed in the GUI? I started adding a Rewind dialog in the Game OSD, but haven't finished it yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beetle PSX Core0