all kodi settings in mysql
Hi,

I wondering if it possible to have all kodi settings in mysql. Like already done on movies. if I watch movie on one device and if I wanna watch in another room I just stop movie in frst room and continue to watch in another from where I stop.

So if I change settings in skin or sistem settings changes saves to mysql and other devices take settings from there.
short answer: no
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2019-01-19, 11:57)lpt2007 Wrote: I wondering if it possible to have all kodi settings in mysql. Like already done on movies. if I watch movie on one device and if I wanna watch in another room I just stop movie in frst room and continue to watch in another from where I stop.
Having the watched status and resume points in the shared database was already possible ages ago with Kodi XBMC Eden... Those are kept in the bookmarks table of the video database.

But having ALL settings of Kodi in mysql? No. We're not going to do that. For starters, not everyone has a mysql setup at home.
One instance I could see an issue, is overscanning change one, both change, same with audio.

Whole world of trouble doing that!
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
Thread moved to feature requests
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks to add this in future requests. It will be great if all settings can be stored to mysql database and shared between devices. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
all kodi settings in mysql0