v18 Minor issue with 3D playback > switch back to 2D does not work automatically
Hi all,

the current V18 betas/RCs/nightlies have a minor issue with 3D. When doing 3D playback kodi will switch to 3D mode (either OU or SBS). After exiting playback and going back to the UI (e.g. movie selection) the UI does not switch back to default 2D mode. It keeps staying in 3D (either OU or SBS). It will finally switch back when doing playback of a 2D file again. Not sure if this was reported already. I did not find anything on this when searching the forums.

Kind regards,

am
At this point I should mention that some of the developers have 3D capability, if this issue is ubiquitous there will be a fix sooner or later. Patience.
I can confirm this exactly as described using 1/19/2019 nightly.
Here is a debug log playing a SBS which enters SBS mode perfectly and display switches properly.
Closing SBS, UI stays in SBS mode even though Disable Stereoscopic when playback ended is checked.
A 2D was then played and upon closing, the UI returned to 2D.

http://paste.kodi.tv/odudufusil
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
known issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minor issue with 3D playback > switch back to 2D does not work automatically0