Solved Windows Network (SMB) Invalid Request
Hi all
This function still isn't working in android version of kodi 18. I cannot connect to my shared folder on my network, comes up invalid request when trying to add video. Works fine in kodi 17 but has never worked in kodi 18.  Viedo > Add video > Browse > Windows Network (SMB) > select location > Invalid Request error.

I'm hoping this will be fixed in the next update so I can access media on my shared network folder
Thanks
I *think* the part that needs fixing is the Samba version on your network server. Upto Kodi 17 all was supposedly fine and dandy as 99% of network devices used SMBv1. But now that there is proof (=WannaCry) that SMBv1 is basically Swiss cheese, Microsoft basically enforced SMBv2 in Windows which has a couple of consequences. One being that 'network browsing' is no longer working, and that full credentials are necessary for a Samba user. In Kodi 18+ you will need to use "Add a network location..." for adding SMB network sources.
Add network location doesn't work either. This appears to be a program bug in your android version. I am also running Kodi 18 on my windows laptop and can access the shared folder no problem. It's only the android version that has invalid request
@tonhuelos is your android device a nvidia shield? if yes, use the shield internal way to connect you smb share (settings - storage settings)
Thanks for the reply, it's not a shield, it's an MXQ Pro
same problem here with an fire tv stick. i'm using a fritzbox which no longer supports smbv1. i changed the kodi smb settings to min smbv2 and max smbv3 as described in the instructions for the new fritzbox firmware. but no access to any smb in my network Sad
Change it to V1. Settings > Services > SMB Client > Change to V1. This worked for me
v1 works for me not. Need min v2... v1 is no longer supported from fritzbox
Then implement it - it's currently not supported on Android.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I found a solution for the problem. NAS connected via ftp, anything works fine Smile
Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Network (SMB) Invalid Request0