Broken Titan Relegated to the No Longer Supported Category
We're on the verge of Kodi 18, but nothing in years from the Titan skin developer. It's such a complicated skin, that I could never trust the reliability of the MODS floating around. I've already manually modified Titan to the hilt, but fear it will break when upgrading to 18. Is it time to move to the default Kodi skin?
The two Mods are working great and are continually supported including Kodi 18. It is a shame that the original Titan skin is broken and no longer supported fully but I for one am glad that a couple awesome guys stepped up and continued where Marcel left off albeit in slightly different directions. Marcel never said he was retiring from the project he only stated that he doesn't have the time to work on it daily due to personal obligations and stated that it is a group project and encouraged others to help with it. Whoever moderates the forum and makes that decision to mark skins broken and shut down threads please do not mark Titan officially broken because the perfectly working Mods will no longer have a home.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2019-01-20, 16:56)cscott1 Wrote: The two Mods are working great and are continually supported including Kodi 18. It is a shame that the original Titan skin is broken and no longer supported fully but I for one am glad that a couple awesome guys stepped up and continued where Marcel left off albeit in slightly different directions. Marcel never said he was retiring from the project he only stated that he doesn't have the time to work on it daily due to personal obligations and stated that it is a group project and encouraged others to help with it. Whoever moderates the forum and makes that decision to mark skins broken and shut down threads please don not mark Titan officially broken because the perfectly working Mods will no longer have a home.
 Agree with all of this.  I am running one of the mods in Kodi 18 and it is working great.
There is no intention of marking this broken. There is no reason to. The project is working as any good FOSS project should, one person drops off, others step in.

@214b1 why would you not "trust" the other volunteer developers? Seems like a slightly ungrateful thing to say.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
You are right, the skin IS highly complex IN COMPARISON to some others.
And it IS sad that Marcel, our lord and savior, does not update it as often as he used to. And we all hope and wait for the resurrection of our messiah.
If your trust in the lord comes from a knowledgeable place, you can review every single change I've made through Github and decide for yourself.
But if you're a blind believer, then Marcel (our lord and savior, as we all agree) have proposed to merge my humble mod to the official version, and I haven't done so thus far only to get a bigger testers sample before sending it out there, because the word of the lord must be stable & bug-free if we're to convert the rest of the infidels out there.

I do however welcome you to join our crusade forces and contribute if you will and let us make Titan great again.
The OP will be proven right in the long run unless the community steps up to support the plugins that make this, and other skins, go. The skin helper, shortcuts. backup, etc, add-ons have been in a state of decay since marcel went MIA and the situation is only going to worsen with the forced upgrade to python 3 compatibility. Hope it all works out in the end but I am not optimistic.
(2019-01-23, 01:37)nonJon Wrote: The OP will be proven right in the long run unless the community steps up to support the plugins that make this, and other skins, go. The skin helper, shortcuts. backup, etc, add-ons have been in a state of decay since marcel went MIA and the situation is only going to worsen with the forced upgrade to python 3 compatibility. Hope it all works out in the end but I am not optimistic.
All good skins rely on skin helper (and its dependencies) so what you're describing is not actually Titan-specific. The main reason ppl look at it as a 'bundle' is because it has the same author, and maybe Titan is a bit more reliant on it than others as a showcase of the addon's power. But:
(1) I update the addons as well as the skin. Currently, with the latest updates they work perfectly fine, and when an issue comes up I try to trace it and patch. I hope & believe that kodi's community will not let it die because it's so needed.
(2) The python 3 integration you mentioned is indeed something on the horizon. it will be forced on kodi 19 and supported on leia if i remember correctly, this gives plenty of time for a proper revisit of the code.
(3) Kodi & its derivatives are an open-source project, if people won't stand up to do what is 'needed' maybe it is not so 'needed' anymore as it used too.
On a personal note, we face a different era than we were a few years ago, with the legality issues, streaming options out there (in videos, music & games!) and also conceptual design (by this I mean, that most services are given through a 'cloud', frontend-backend design). This is a good thing overall, and we'll have to sit and wait to see what will be kodi's role in all of this.
In the meantime, it still has it merits.
I do not agree. As they have said in previous posts, the two mods we have from Titan work perfectly for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan Relegated to the No Longer Supported Category2