Skin Help Service Errors
Running Kodi 18 RC5.2 on Nvidia Shield, but I have had this problem with all of the Kodi 18 releases using the latest Titan skin from the beta repository.  I keep getting error notifications from the Skin Helper Service, Skin Helper Widgets, and Skin Helper Backgrounds.  I have tried clean installs from scratch but same issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Logs are uploaded here:  https://paste.kodi.tv/paditagipe
I tried updating the Skin Helper service but I am already running the latest version.  Wondering if this is because I am using the Emby for Kodi plugin to import my libraries.  Does anyone else using Emby for Kodi have this issue?

Below is a snip of the errors: 
ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=recent&mediatype=episodes&reload=
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: cannot import name process_method_on_list
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.widgets/plugin.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                import main
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.widgets/resources/lib/main.py", line 18, in <module>
                                                from metadatautils import MetadataUtils, process_method_on_list
                                            ImportError: cannot import name process_method_on_list
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: cannot import name detect_plugin_content
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.backgrounds/service.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.backgrounds_updater import BackgroundsUpdater
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.backgrounds/resources/lib/backgrounds_updater.py", line 20, in <module>
                                                from smartshortcuts import SmartShortCuts
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.backgrounds/resources/lib/smartshortcuts.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                from metadatautils import detect_plugin_content, KodiDb
                                            ImportError: cannot import name detect_plugin_content
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=recent&mediatype=musicvideos&reload=
ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=recent&mediatype=episodes&reload=
ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=recent&mediatype=movies&reload=
A lot of the addons/services installed are outdated. You need to install marcel's repo and update everything (SPECIFICALLY MetaDataUtils module which is the cause of ur problems).
After doing so, you can also update skin helper service, widgets and skinbackup separately from my repo as it holds a few more latest changes/fixes.
Thanks!  I loaded your repository and updated the Skin Helper Service and Widgets and that seemed to do it.  Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin Help Service Errors0