• 5(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
i feel like the new version is a lot slower than the previous versions.
and thinking about thumbnails, i'd be nice if you could browse your own system in case you have images downloaded already that you'd rather use.
flipped cracker Wrote:i feel like the new version is a lot slower than the previous versions.
nevermind, i think i just had a memory leak somewhere with another program.
the only other issue i've come across is during the initial scan, sometimes it doesn't find a movie, and all the info is blank, but when i edit it and go to the "find another title" section, it finds the exact movie. why couldn't it find it during the initial scan?

other than that, the program is working perfectly for me, and i'm about ready to use it on my main movie collection (i had been doing it on just test batches before).

i do find that deleting any nfo files that aren't formatted correctly before the first scans helps with duplications and extra files.
*consider this an edit to the post above*

it would be nice if the program could scan previous nfo files for imdb title ids. of course, if you already have a .nfo file, and then have the program scan, you end up with 2 .nfo files, and 2 entries in the list. maybe the option to overwrite the existing .nfo file or something.
flipped cracker Wrote:*consider this an edit to the post above*

it would be nice if the program could scan previous nfo files for imdb title ids. of course, if you already have a .nfo file, and then have the program scan, you end up with 2 .nfo files, and 2 entries in the list. maybe the option to overwrite the existing .nfo file or something.

I'm not sure how this could happen,

The format for nfo files and XBMC is :-

Moviefile.avi
Moviefile.nfo
Moviefile.tbn

How can you have 2 nfo files. If you were to have an additional nfo file named other that the above then just delete it via Windows, or the Program Interface. Once the Movie has a correctly named nfo it will not be rescanned.

The only way to fix this would be to check each nfo for correct content and check the filename with media of the same name. This would increase startup time of the program greatly. Instead of scanning your selected folders for nfo files it would then have to open and read each file. Then scan for avi files, then mpg, then xvid etc.
here's how i'd end up with 2 .nfo files.

i have a folder for a movie. it has a .avi and a .nfo file in it. but the .nfo file doesn't have the same name as the .avi file, or as the directory. the program will find that .nfo file, and put that movie in the list. then i have it scan the folder for new movies, and it finds the .avi file (or scans based on the folder name), doesn't find a .nfo file that matches, and makes a new one. but the old one is still there too. so the movie shows up twice in the list.

of course, it's easy to go through and delete the old .nfo file (which is what i do), i just have to do it before i scan.
billyad2K, please look here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=1...post192819

billyad2000 Wrote:I wont however be including such as
..snip...

somemoviea
somemovieb

It would effect too many other movies which aren't multipart.
Xbmc handles this just fine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
a suggestion about the cropping feature, it'd be nice if you didn't have to click it every time, but could hold down the button and it'd keep going.

and i'd still really love the option to browse your local system for a thumbnail to use. i find that the program always picks a poster with no words, or one that's not in english. i probably have to change 50% of them.

also, it'd be nice if you didn't have to rescrape just to get the images to search through. sometimes the movie info is just fine, but it just needs a different thumbnail.
Version 1.100 is now available

Changes since version 1.042

Bugfix - Scraper including unwanted characters in some Titles
Bugfix - Scraper extra space added to some fields
Bugfix - Scraper would continue to run on application close

Popups should now be blocked within the IMDB browser
Feature to Re-Scrape Thumbnails from MovieposterDB only (V.fast, no need to scrape everything anymore)
Browser added to get thumbnails from local path

nfo files are checked during initial scan for correct content - this should stop release nfo files being added at startup.

Extra genre filter fields have been added - War, Animation, Crime, and History.

Program Form size has been slightly adjusted so it would display comfortably at 1024x768 resolution - this is as low as I will take it.

Image crop buttons are now press and hold. I think ive got the speed about right, let me know.

In addition to the above a "Play" button has been added, this is experimental at the moment and will open a media file in your defaul media player whatever it is. DVD and CD images (ISO, IMG etc) will not work, and only the first part of multi part movies will play. I'm still working on this.

In addition to the above i'm almost ready to add support for DVD VIDEO_TS folders.
I do need verification of the way that XBMC reads nfo and tbn files for DVD folders. The wiki has no information on this and the only reference I could find was in this thread :-

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33183

The only relevent reply was :-
jeremymc7 Wrote:Movie.Title.nfo (file)
Movie.Title (Folder)
> Video_TS (Folder)
> Audio_TS (Folder)

A little dab will do you.

The problem I have is writing the crpytic nfo file for anything other then the most simple things. A nfo editor on the Mac like whats out for Windows would be a godsend.

There are so many things that need to be tweaked with an nfo to be correct in XBMC. This is IMDB (and other) related, not XBMC.

Can anybody confirm this.

For The Download link see below :-
i'll be testing it out tonight. the only thing is that now all of my movies are all set and i haven't gotten any new ones recently. but i'll still play with it.
i did come across one thing. when exiting, there's a spelling error. it says "Medis Companion".
Some things to consider for future releases, from other posts in the XBMC forum, where a central third-party application like XBMC Media Companion might be a better fit ...
High-Definition video flagging (library filter, and thumbnail overlay)[indent]Gamester mock-ups... #1... #2... demo'ing what a skinner could do with the additional information, were it available.
Gamester17 Wrote:> NFO would be a nice option but should not really be needed, IMO best would be if XBMC could collect the media-information of each video when it is first scanned into the database (on the initial scan). Media-information such as; horisonatal & vertical pixel resolution, number of audio-streams with the language and type of those streams (DTS, Dolby Digital, 2.0, 5.1, 7.1, etc.), and also number of subtitle-streams and the language of those subtitle streams.

Off-line DVD-Video library database support
plooger Wrote:> Here's a scenario for why XBMC displaying offline DVDs would be handy... I either don't have the HDD space or the personal time to rip my entire DVD collection to the hard drive; however, I would like my family and house guests to be able to search through my *entire* media collection (online and offline) to find something that interests them -- and XBMC's library is a whole lot nicer than having to stroll around to the various DVD storage cabinets spread around the house.

Some short-term workarounds...
  • Rather than using an empty file as the placeholder for the offline DVD disc, I can use some short, small homemade video clips instructing the viewer that the selected media is a DVD not stored online... and could go so far as to have several different clips for each DVD storage location in the house. ("The DVD disc you have selected to play is stored in the main Living Room entertainment center.") Extra credit for also noting DVDs that have been loaned-out.
  • Find a relatively simple/automated way to overlay some graphic (disc, house) onto media thumbnails associated with offline content, providing a visual cue that a given title is offline.
[/indent]
got this error doing a scan:
Quote:See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form2.loadwebpage()
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form2.rescrape_movie()
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form2.Form2_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.832 (QFE.050727-8300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
XBMC Media Companion
Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/robert.EXTENDEDCARE/My%20Documents/my%20stuff/xbox/XBMC%20Media%20Companion%201.1/XBMC%20Media%20Companion.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

it pops up after it finds the imdb id for the first new movie in the folders.
The new version works very stable here and I really like it, so thanks alot !
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7