Feature Request
When using save actor images to .actors folder, replace path in nfo to reflect the .actor folder instead of web url:
IE:
Replace <thumb>http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w185/8PKEoH5PvQsBHsDtikc4qi7c077.jpg</thumb>
With <thumb>/movies/2 Guns (2013)-1080p/.actors/Paula_Patton.jpg</thumb>
And... why should we do that?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2019-01-21, 16:10)myron Wrote: And... why should we do that?
 so the are local
They are Wink
Kodi (and maybe others) do not need this information.
They always search for local files first, and only if they find none, they use the information in NFO.
And there they find an url for displaying....

all fine Smile
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2019-01-21, 16:33)myron Wrote: They are Wink
Kodi (and maybe others) do not need this information.
They always search for local files first, and only if they find none, they use the information in NFO.
And there they find an url for displaying....

all fine Smile
thats my point, having to access a url to pull down the photos, instead of pulling them off the server, IE: nfo files created, then taken to a cabin in the mountains with no internet = no actor photos!
@spl147

I think you misunderstood. Kodi always searches for local artwork and information first. When none can be found locally, it then uses the online links as a fallback to obtain the images.

So, there is no problem with you going to your cabin with no internet.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-01-21, 20:55)Karellen Wrote: @spl147

I think you misunderstood. Kodi always searches for local artwork and information first. When none can be found locally, it then uses the online links as a fallback to obtain the images.

So, there is no problem with you going to your cabin with no internet.
from the nfo file right? but does it know to look in the .actors folder for artwork? since the nfo is pointing online for it?
(2019-01-21, 21:12)spl147 Wrote: but does it know to look in the .actors folder for artwork? since the nfo is pointing online for it?
Please understand that the artwork links in the NFO File are a fallback/backup/redundancy links.

As already stated, Kodi searches for local first. Yes, it knows to look in .actors folder. That is the only place it will look for actors images.

If there is no .actors folder or if the .actors folder has missing images, then it will use the link in the NFO File to download the online images for those actors that are missing images from the .actors folder
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-01-21, 21:18)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-01-21, 21:12)spl147 Wrote: but does it know to look in the .actors folder for artwork? since the nfo is pointing online for it?
Please understand that the artwork links in the NFO File are a fallback/backup/redundancy links.

As already stated, Kodi searches for local first. Yes, it knows to look in .actors folder. That is the only place it will look for actors images.

If there is no .actors folder or if the .actors folder has missing images, then it will use the link in the NFO File to download the online images for those actors that are missing images from the .actors folder 
oh ok, thank you. i am new to kodi.....was un aware of how the scraper worked

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Request0